ADMIN

Nelson County (KY) GOP censures McConnell

8470324853?profile=RESIZE_400x

The leadership of the Nelson County Republican Party unanimously approved issuing a formal rebuke of U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell Tuesday evening.

The unanimous vote of the 11 members of the executive committee came about six hours after McConnell took to the U.S. Senate floor and said President Donald Trump provoked a violent mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

A censure, or formal rebuke, issued after the vote accused McConnell of “implying (Trump) and his administration lied about the election,” and that “McConnell has abandoned his Republican base that put him in office.”

The censure resolution “demands (McConnell) retract his statements impugning the honor of President Donald J. Trump.”

The comments that sparked the special meeting came just after noon on Tuesday when McConnell issued his strongest comments to date rebuking the president and his actions.

“This mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the President and other powerful people. And they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like,” McConnell said.

“But we pressed on. We stood together and said an angry mob would not get veto power over the rule of law in our nation. Not even for one night.

“We certified the people’s clear choice for their 46th president."

Those words amounted to betrayal in the eyes of some of the members who spoke during the Nelson GOP’s teleconference meeting that ran for a little over 10 minutes.

“I think it's despicable. I think it's a shame what he did today, because he used us over the past year to get his sorry butt reelected,” said one of the participants in the call who is not a member of the committee. “He used us.”

A censure “was not good enough,” this caller insisted, he should be removed.

“He’s one of Joe Biden’s best friends.”

Don Thrasher, the chair of the local party who organized the call and censure vote, pointed out there is no provision in the law to recall or remove McConnell. Thrasher said he felt likewise, but with no legal mechanism the censure vote was the most the county party could issue.

8470329695?profile=RESIZE_710x

read more here: https://www.kystandard.com/content/nelson-gop-censures-mcconnell

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good move, just like the AZ GOP did. The Republican Party cannot tolerate anything but total loyalty to Trump. 

• Not even the entire Republican Party is loyal to President Trump, so it's time for a new party and just dump the revolting repubs.  There is a new party now organizing called the Patriot Party.

• McConnell needs to leave the Senate for good, he's a disgrace!

• Maybe some in the Senate can organize a "McCarthy ejection plan" - -they drove Joe McCarthy out back in the late 50's, or early 60's, so I'm sure it can be done!  Beijing mitch deserves the worst that can be thrown at him.

• "Don Thrasher, the chair of the local party who organized the call and censure vote, pointed out there is no provision in the law to recall or remove McConnell."

There is no Constitutional provision to impeach a private citizen, which Donald Trump is now. Yet The Pillsbury doughboy is good for the go.

If a private citizen, seeking office, or transitioned from office, seeks future public service, has not suffered conviction in impeachment, then the electorate is the authority to determine selection or not. Fascists in our Legislature (you know at least one and who she is), seek to usurp the Peoples will by falsely effecting a Constitutional "disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States". 

The heretic Speaker must be removed and institutionalized! The danger to the Republic by her despotic abuse of House authority is a exceptional malignancy and a National threat.

• Use a "McCarthy ejection plan" on her as well.

• What I would like to do will not work, because the alligators in the pit or lions in the den do not want to cough up bones.

• TWO BIG LIES, THAT SO MUCH CHATTER ON THE INTERNET AND BLOGS THAT ANTIFA COULD NOT LET THIS GO UNCHALLENEGED. WITH THE MASSIVE LIES, HOW DOES MacCONNEL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, HE DID NOT SEE WHAT WE ALL DID. THE FBI IS COVERING UP AND FAKING EVIDENCE WITH RECKLESS AMABONE RIGHT NOW, MICTH HELPING. MITCH DOES NOT HAVE PERSONAL KNOWELEDGE OF THIS, AND EVIDENCE SHOWS ONE SIDE OF THE CAPITOL TRUMP  SUPPORTERS BEING SET UP, WHILE THE OTHER DOOR ANTIFA WAS DROPPED OFF AND THE ATTACKS BEGAN, TRUMP SUPPORTERS HAD IDENTIFIED ANTIFA AND ON A LOT OF VIDEO, THAT VIDEO W KNOW IS BEING TAKEN DOWN FROM THE INTERNET AND IT "WAS" THE LEGISLATORS WHO WANTED THIS COUNT TAT WAS GOING TO GIVE TRUMP THE PRESIDENCY RIGHT THEN, THIS DISRUPTION WAS PLANNED AND CALCULARED AND MITCH WAS INVOLVED... ITERRUPTING THEW PROCESS, WE THE PEOPLE DID NOT WANT HIS INTERUPTED, AND THEN IN A OBVIOUS PLANNED MASS CONSPIRACY THAT THOSE WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF WEHAT WE SAW AND THE MAJOITY OF PEOPLE OUTSIDE THAT DID NOT GO IN SAW MASS ANTIFA AND BLM CAUSING, "INITATING" THE FREY.  SO THEY ALL ACTED AS THE LIARS HEY ARE, ESP, THAT LOEFLOR  BLOND FROM GA, CAME IN AND OUTRIGHT "LIED" (NMAYBE PURDUE WAS SOMEONE TO BE IN OFFICE, BUT ITS OBVIOUS NONE OF ANY OF THOSE IN GA WERE WORTHY OF OFFICE, EVEN THE PREVIOUS ELECTION FOR GOVERNOR (I WAS SURPRISED KEMP WON, NOT BEING FROM GA SINCE HE WAS A REAL BAD CHOICE AS GOVERNOR, I WENT AL LOOKED AND SEEN IT WAS STACEY ABHAMS, THERE COULD NOT BE TWO WORSE CANDADATES  ANYWHEER THAN THOSE TWO.  BUT .... THE HOUSE AND SENATE DID NOT DO THEIR JOBS ON THE 6TH AND EVEN SAID THEY WERE DENYING US A REVIEW BASED ON THE ATTACK... IN YEARS OF MASSIVE GATHERING FOR TRUMP, NONE VIOLENT AND THE ONLY VIOLENCE HAS BEEN BLM AND ANTIFA, JUST LIKE THIS TIME. SO BASED UPON A SELF PLANNED ATTACK AND WITH MASSIVE EVIDENCE IT WAS BLM AND ANTIFA, FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL LEGISLATORS ATTACK THE CONSERVATIVES AND YOU CAN TELL THEY ALL READ THE SAME LIES FROM THE SAME PREPREPARED SPEECH. LINDSEY GRAHAM TO BIGGEST LIAR OF ALL, SAYING THAT IT WAS NO NEED TO COUNT THE VOTES SINCE THREE COURT ALREADY FOUND IT THAT BIDEN WON, HE HAD MADE A STATEMENT BEFORE WHEER THE COURTS WERE NOT ALLOWING EVIDENCE TO BE PRESENTED, GRAHAM IS BY FAR THE BIGGEST LIAR OF ANY OF THEM, NOT THE MOST HATED, BUT THE MOST DISHONEST.

• You know Albert,  I got lost in all the screaming Caps. This is hard to read and therefore defeats

your whole effort.

What can I say...

• TRY STAYING FOCUSED

This reply was deleted.