Replies

• Perhaps I am the only one seeing a confusion of meaning here.

Was the Electoral Certification process followed through with? - YES.  Then the results are binding indicating Constitutional redress solely through impeachment and trial.

Was the process leading up to the Certification violated, and the abuse derelictly ignored to afford partisan political outcome outside the Peoples will? - ABSOLUTELY! The President of the Senate and the courts stiffed Trump completely.

The variable of ethical integrity is completely missing from media analysis of this condition. How revealing and Alinskyite.

• Skeptical, I agree.  Everyone, including mike pence and most of the gop violated every duty they had to ensure that President Trump would not prevail.  They could have stopped this travesty any time but were more interested in protecting their own corrupt feifdoms!!!!!

• ......and it isn't going to be overturned, Trump suddenly isn't going to wake up in the WH. How would they do it with a year already lost?

• Ilona, you wouldn't want it in a year. Only after 2 years and 1day.

Otherwise, Trump already having one term, would disqualify to run for a second term.

• Are you saying he would end up with two bonus years......serving out what is left in the Biden term, plus the run in 2024?

• Yes, the 22nd Amendment specifically addresses this. But if a one-term previous President serves in succession for more than exactly 2 years of a partial term, he will have that remainder deemed as a second term. Therefore, no full future term to run for. Check it out and let me know if I err please.

ps- That is why the 2022 House elections are sooooo interesting. I still maintain an appointed Trump Speaker (to replace Nancy) could impeach the Biden ticket. The loose detail is a Senate conviction (a Senate 2/3rd majority of the Members present to convict being needed). But if the Biden ticket is convicted for fraudulent electoral outcomes, the existing Speaker could succeed.

• Skeptical,

More than one way to skin a cat! Lol

Reading the amendment sure sounds like you might be correct, but I'm still questioning the possibility of 10 years in office. Would serve them right, especially the never Trumpers, what a great "payback" that would be.

I can see the possibility of an appointed Trump Speaker, anyone can be appointed,  the possibility of it makes me laugh......imagine all those who couldn't stand his tweets. It will be interesting how they will figure this out, I can't help the feeling that Trump isn't done, he and his team must have something up their sleeve, legal but surprising, carefully planned, and unexpected. 

• The conditions for the long POTUS term would be unusual, I admit. But these are unusual times.

Ten years looks to be the maximum limit. Exactly. Imagine the snowflake pandemonium!

Crowd Surge Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

• no, not likely but mostly because the deep state is so entrenched in every aspect of government, media, bureaucracy, education, medicine, the corporate world, everything!!!!!

• I think if you are in a position to report the news/events that you should have a limus test to be sure you will tell  the truth of what is happening in the country and the political world.  Reporting who are the decievers, treasonous, liers, and enemies of the state.  Also to report the government officials from the President on down to the GS-1 just hired as to who is trushworthy and will not betray the trust of the citizens who provide their earnings through the taxes they pay.  This works both ways as far as who is really a patriot who loves the country and not deceives it through lies and untruths.

This reply was deleted.