ADMIN

On April 14, retired Missouri teacher Nedra Jeffress, of Independence, wrote a letter to state Rep. Chuck Basye, the Rocheport Republican who is pushing hardest to ban transgender girls from school sports.

Luxembourg GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

“I’m wondering if there is data supporting the need for bills regulating this in Missouri or if this (is) a solution in search of a problem,” Jeffress wrote. “As an educator who has worked at the middle school and high school level in Missouri, I know how hard it is for transgender students to be accepted by peers, parents, churches and some teachers. If they are able to participate on an athletic team, they may find acceptance important to their well-being. I hope you would sponsor bills that support positive mental health for each citizen of the state of Missouri instead of proposing bills that attack a population already at risk. Thank you for your time,” she said in closing.

The next morning, she received this far less respectful reply:

“Nedra, Do your own research. I don’t care about your feelings nor do I care about your resume."

“Bottom line, my intent is to keep women’s/girl’s sports for the female gender."

“If a person was born with a penis, that individual doesn’t belong in sports designed solely for females."

“Now go ahead and have your meltdown and/or temper tantrum. Remember, Let’s Go Brandon!!”

Was this a parody, or a prank? Even with vitriol in politics and in everyday life increasingly not just tolerated but rewarded, would any elected official answer so rudely?

We emailed Basye, asking if he had really responded this way to a constituent, and if so, why.

read more:

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article260751997.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My teeshirt says my rights do not end when your feelings begin.

• This "transgender" stuff is bullshiite!!!!!  It is all satanic!!!!!!!!!!

• As a former teacher of 42 years, of which 35 years were at the middle school level), as a teacher who was nominated 17 times (17 years) by others for, and selected into Who's Who in American Education, if asked about teachers who worry about the social acceptance of their students, I would respond thusly.  The guidance counselors have post-graduate degrees in counseling.  Let them research the availability of the data that exists, its breadth, and its depth that support the need for bills regulating this societal conditional.  Let the counselors counsel those students: you teach your subject.  They are prepared to handle these situations.  You have no such training.  Keep your emotions to yourself as they could actually be detrimental to the student’s health.  You have “29” other students who need your attention with problems in your subject area.  Are your students performing to the level held by students in years prior to 1970?  If not, you have enough to do without delving into the areas relegated to the counselors.  You have NO idea how they feel!  YOU are not one of them!  Oh, you ARE?  Go get counseling for yourself before you counsel or teach others.  Then, come back to teaching.  Your job is not to coddle young people; it is to teach your subject area to them.  You can achieve that with great facts, interesting anecdotes, all with clear and motivating directions.  That direction in your practice will help ALL students under your umbrella to become.  You are their teacher, not their Mommy.  A bleeding heart causes a big mess in the classroom.  Ultimately, a bleeding heart causes death: yours and the students.

• Feelings, we give too much credit to feelings.....how about facts!

• I would have included the 45 Communist Goals to Takeover America written into our Congressional Reords Jan. 10,1963 and highlighted #24,25,26,40,41,...perhaps 38, 39...THAT is what ALL this BS is about!

• The silver lining in the assault by purveyors of perversion on normal society is that the sexual perversions are mental illnesses, and those who do not accept that commit suicide at a high rate. 

• Christians, of all people, should realize the possibilities and likelihood of demonic possession. Satan has his minions to work against people and he rules the 2nd heaven. Any Christian who has read Job knows there is a Court of Heaven and that Satan seeks whom he may attack to steal (future, hope, dreams, health), kill, or destroy. Politics is the realm primarily where God forces fight evil forces. Transgenderism is a demonic attack and agreement (like Job agreed about his sons)(Job had a stronghold about his sons) with the enemy of the persons's soul. Wake up. The battle is spiritual. Witchcraft and demonic possession are involved. Christians are supposed to see spiritually, not just naturally. Wage war with prayer via righteous discernment not babble and hatred. Hate the spirit not the person. Wage war with prayer. Transgenderism, yes, is disgusting, so wage war against the spirit of transgenderism. It is a vile, gross, spirit.

• ...also an express ticket to HELL.  I miss the closeted days.

• And speaking as someone who met her 1st transgendered person in my last term before  retiring, she/he was as broken a person as I have ever met. 

• This reply was deleted.
This reply was deleted.