ADMIN

Misconfigured Server Leaks Secret US Terror Watchlist

RIDIN WITH BIDEN - Imgflip

A secret watchlist of suspected terrorists maintained by the FBI was exposed online after a configuration error and then not fixed for several weeks after being reported, according to Comparitech.

Head of security research at the firm, Bob Diachenko, said he discovered the Terrorist Screening Center (TSC) list on July 19, when the exposed Elasticsearch server was indexed by search engines Censys and ZoomEye.

The list was left online without a password or any other authentication to secure it. It contained 1.9 million records, including full name, TSC watchlist ID, citizenship, gender, date of birth, passport number and more.

The TSC is a classified list of suspected terrorists, including a smaller “no-fly” list. The information is shared with the Departments of State and Defense and customs officers, TSA staff and international partners.

Although he didn’t check the entire database, Diachenko suggested that it may have contained the whole TSC list.

“The terrorist watchlist is made up of people who are suspected of terrorism but who have not necessarily been charged with any crime. In the wrong hands, this list could be used to oppress, harass, or persecute people on the list and their families,” he argued.

read more:

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/misconfigured-server-leaks-us/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Intentional traitors. Like how they used the pull out of Afghanistan to ruin us in the eyes of the world. The Mothers are overthrowing us. There can no longer be any doubt!

• I vote for intentional traitors.

• It was done purposely to get neighbors of those on the list to harass and hopefully trigger riots so they can declare marshal law bing in the woke military to do there bidding. Think CCP

• I think the word your looking for is MARTIAL LAW!

This reply was deleted.