ADMIN

Ahead Of Trump Rally, Minneapolis Police Chief Announces Policy ...

If you’ve been tuned into the Minneapolis public safety scene, you know that for years, Reclaim the Block and other grassroots community groups have been asking the city to do one thing: stop investing in policing.

The council's been listening.

“I think we’ve had a vision for a while of wanting to see another kind of city response to those [911] calls,” says Council Member Steve Fletcher, whose Ward 3 covers parts of downtown.

Calls about mental health crises could be answered by mental health professionals. Calls about opioid abuse could be answered by addiction experts. Instead, both get cops, usually armed.

But it’s one thing to think that’s a good idea and another to get it done. The city has “struggled” to put any of these reforms in place in a substantial way, Fletcher says.

Then George Floyd was killed by Minneapolis police.

Now the council members are listening to a city that is wounded, angry, fed up with decades of violence disproportionately visited upon black and brown residents. Various private and public bodies – from First Avenue to Minneapolis Public Schools – have essentially cut ties with the police department. Council members are trying to figure out what their next move is.

read more:

http://www.citypages.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-members-consider-disbanding-the-police/570993291

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree Mad Dog Mattis needs to retire and if he won't do it voluntarily the President should ask for his resignation ... Mattis has taken stands that are diametrically opposed to the Presidents policy once to often...

• And replace them with Muslim patrols,

P.S. Mad dog Gen Mattis is deepstate 

• https://barenakedislam.com/2020/06/04/get-rid-of-police-and-minneap...

GET RID OF POLICE and Minneapolis will turn into a Muslim ‘No Go Zone’ as are found all over Europe
    Think I’m kidding? The Minneapolis City Council has proposed disbanding the entire police force. City Pages  If you’ve been tuned into the Minneapoli…
    • Minneapolis, St. Paul, has become a serious Muslim enclave, and the removal of civil authority and policing will simply cement their hold on society ... creating a safe haven for Islamic expansion and terrorists to operate from.

• get ready the sky is the limit.

• Unfortunately... You are Exactly correct. The word 'Enclave'... and it's connotations, is the Perfect descriptor.

• Disband the cops?? Full circle maybe... like the old West.. everyone with a couple .45s strapped on or rifle slung over shoulder. Libs'd have to learn better manners real quick. 🤨 

• Maybe this isn't such a bad idea.  There wouldn't be anyone to enforce the unconstitutional edicts made by tyrannical mayors and governors.  There wouldn't be anyone to stop us from protecting our lives and property.

I can think of a number of other ways that getting rid of police would be advantageous to real citizens of this country.

• it's sad it has to come this far.

• I feel sory about the new police officers.

This reply was deleted.