Replies

• If Trump pardons himself it will be seen as an admission of guilt... pardons require an assertion of guilt from which one is pardoned.  The left will nullify any pardon of himself as being illegal... It will be a case for the SCOTUS to decide.  However, the stigma of a Pardon will follow him if he uses a pardon to avoid prison.  Pardons don't cover convictions by Impeachment they may not be pardoned... If he is Impeached and Convicted of Impeachment he can not hold public office anywhere again.

• ARE YOU REFERRING TO DONALD J TRUMP OR SOMEONE ELSE?

• Of course, President Trump or anybody in his orbit is not guilty of anything, not even the people who have been convicted or the people who admitted guilt under pressure. Don't forget that the courts are part of the deep state. The courts allowed too many to be convicted or to admit their guilt already, and they won't stop to convict Trump as well no matter his actual guilt or not. You know how the courts bend the rules to suit the deep state, don't you?

• Why pardon someone who is not guilty ... or has not committed a crime... in point of fact what is a pardon ... pardoning if there is no crime?  Mike... your logic is bent ... you sound like one of the pettifoggers.  I say again what is pardoned if there is no crime?

• I wonder. In civil law, presumption of innocence is the standard. Pardons do not require pre-existence of criminality to be issued. Pardons may be retroactive if there are (excepting conviction of impeachment). How can an impeachment seriously occur for a criminal act that may or may not have occured, that is in either case pardoned?

Pardon after impeachment is straighforwardly null. But an impeachment after a pardon modifies the pardon, a Congressional authority I don't see listed in the Constitution, so...........

I do not doubt that the perversely feverish dementia of Nancy Pelosi will imagine a justification, though. 

Article 2 section.2 clause1: ......,and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

As for Congress nullifying any pardon:

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artII-S2-C1-3-1-3/AL...

But any other than federal offenses are not effected.

New York has something brewing.

Congress's Ability to Limit the Pardon Power | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of C…
      An annotation about Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution of the United States.
    • Trust only God unconditionally... scripture tells us every man is a liar but God is true.  See: God forbid: yealet God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.” King James Version (KJV)

• that's right my friend

• AMEN

• P/S  See: Romans 3:4 

• Nancy is falling into a trap. Just wait and trust God.

This reply was deleted.