ADMIN

9901650082?profile=RESIZE_584x

Wednesday, filling a lawsuit in federal district court in D.C. that argues the committee is unconstitutional and in violation of House rules.

CNN and other establishment media outlets played the lawsuit as a last-ditch effort by a man desperate to avoid a subpoena — or desperate to appease his former boss, Donald Trump.

Yet the lawsuit is a serious threat to the existence of the committee.

The lawsuit makes some familiar arguments, such as that the committee is violating the Constitution’s separation of powers by encroaching on executive privilege. Former Trump aide Stephen K. Bannon, who is being prosecuted by the supposedly apolitical Department of Justice for contempt of Congress, is making the same case against his subpoena in federal court.

But Meadows goes further, pointing out that the January 6 committee violates the terms of its own enabling resolution.

The resolution, H. Res. 503, provides that the committee “shall” consist of 13 members, five of which “shall be appointed after consultation with the minority leader.”

But the committee only has nine members, seven of whom are Democrats, and only two of whom are hand-picked anti-Trump Republicans. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) rejected the five members chosen by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (D-CA), an unprecedented step to ensure a one-sided inquiry.

read more here: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/09/pollak-mark-meadows-lawsuit-could-end-the-january-6-committee/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Out administrator asked do we really want it to end.  With the money - our money - that is being wasted.  Yes we want it over, it should never had been started.  However, as a caveat, in 2022, people need to find out who is in favor of this nonsense and vote them out of office.  Cheney and Kinzinger oare only 2 of the RINOS that need to be gone!

• We have a runaway government. At 55 years old I can see it for what it really is. Before Trump I never really understood the how and why. It's clear to me that the Democrats run the country, and that the Republicans are the go along party who only have an interest in personal gain. Together, globalists now it seems. Lawyers ironically.....go figure. Anyway, as long as the house and senate can continue to have lifetime membership with constant pay raises/benefits, full pension after one term, without term limits; nothing will change. They are all sold out to whoever has the most money/campaign "contributions" for them. It should be, one term, two tops for both house and senate. It should be considered an honor to serve your country in this capacity.

• Keep focus on the leftist's goal and we can predict what they'll do next. Anything goes on the left.

i will not hold my breath on this, the left will find some crazy "reason" to turn itin their own favor!

• Everything the democrats do is illegal at best and criminal at worst.  Pelosi needs to go and hopefully, we shall see that happen in 2020.  Same with all the gutless RINOs who can't fight back.  Other than a few senators and a couple of representatives, time to vote all incumbents out of office.

• It's about time. Conservatives are way too slow and scared to sue all these demonrats for their criminal actions and in-actions. It's part of their service to our Country when they took the Oath to protect and defend the Constitution 

This reply was deleted.