ADMIN

5930587499?profile=RESIZE_584x

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has been in Congress for more than 30 years and yet, during this time, she apparently never called for the removal of Confederate statues from the U.S. Capitol. But she did on Wednesday, which prompted conservative talk radio host Mark Levin to ask why she didn't do it when Harry Reid (D-Nev.) or former KKK member Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) ran the Senate. 

On Wednesday, June 10, Pelosi sent a letter to the Joint Committee on the Library, which oversees the statues in the Capitol. There are 11 statues of Confederate figures in the Capitol's Statuary Hall. 

“As I have said before, the halls of Congress are the very heart of our democracy," wrote Pelosi. "The statues in the Capitol should embody our highest ideals as Americans, expressing who we are and who we aspire to be as a nation."

“Monuments to men who advocated cruelty and barbarism to achieve such a plainly racist end are a grotesque affront to these ideals,” said Pelosi. “Their statues pay homage to hate, not heritage. They must be removed.”

In response to the suddenly "woke" Pelosi, Mark Levin tweeted on June 11, "Pelosi has been in Congress for decades and only today does she demand the removal of 11 confederate statues.  Why wasn’t she offended for the prior 30 years?"

read more here: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/mark-levin-why-wasnt-pelosi-offended-over-confederate-statues-during-last-3

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Replies

• She must be coming up for re-election has to cater to the loudest group at the time to get votes otherwise she would not say shit about it.

• AMazing isn't it w/her its all politics.   She and her freezer and $13/pint ice cream can shove it.  IT IS TIME FOR US TO PUSH BACK.  GOV CUOMO IS NOW THREATENING BUSINESSES B/C TOO MANY PEOPLE GATHERED OUTSIDE TO HAVE A DRINK W/THEIR FRIENDS WHILE BLM IS PAINTING THE STREET AND MARCHING IN PROTEST AND SEATTLE IS WELL IN A GOD KNOWS WHAT W/THE MAYOR AND GOV ABSENT.  This is where we come in and have to the 1st amendment is not for some.

• I thought the people voted them in.

• And pelosi is a paying member of The Church of What Ever be Happening Now. 

• I was wondering that myself.

• My question is, why are we letting these crackpots get away with it? Why are we appeasing them in everything? Can't we just say NO?

• I guess it is time we un-elect many of them when voting comes.

• Hey! Jane tell that to the FBI people

• One Word: HYPOCRACY!

• it's more than that.

This reply was deleted.