ADMIN

Liz Cheney turns to Democrats to save her hide

When Liz Cheney Isn't Sh*tty Enough For Your Cult, You've Made Some Choices

In 2007, in this blue bastion of one of the reddest states in the country, liberal activists wheeled a giant statue of Dick Cheney through town to protest his star role in the Iraq War — before toppling it, Saddam Hussein style, for good measure.

Fifteen years later, his daughter Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) is turning to the same rare species in Wyoming — Democrats — to save her House seat. And Trumpist Republicans are doing everything in their power to thwart her.

The turnabout for Cheney — one of the more unlikely twists in Republican politics in recent years, in a party that’s had no shortage of them — will come into sharp relief next week at a gathering at Jackson’s Center for the Arts. Cheney will speak on a bipartisan panel about defending elections, addressing what should be a welcoming audience amid her running battle with former President Donald Trump over the Jan. 6 sacking of the Capitol.

What Cheney doesn’t know — until now — is that a band of Trump-loving Republicans will be on hand to greet her. They snapped up roughly a quarter of the 350 tickets, at $10 apiece, to give the embattled congresswoman a piece of their minds.

read more:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/14/liz-cheney-democrats-wyoming-00016905

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I remember that now! THAT was the censure I was thinking of!

• I was there! There was no "sacking" of the Capital on Jan 6th! That's the left's narrative! What are you, a closet liberal?

• Liz Cheney's Elitism is showing more and more by the day.  After November, the Cheney family will be turned out of politics on their ear.  Something that should have happened long ago.

This reply was deleted.