ADMIN

If YOU ARE SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP YOU ARE SUPPORTING TRUMPISM AND ALL THAT  GOES WITH IT THAT MEANS THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING a MODUS OPERANDI THAT  ATTACKS PEOPLE OF COLOR ON EVERY

Liberal New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow claimed over the weekend that the U.S. was "edging closer" to another civil war.

In a Saturday op-ed, Blow argued that the ongoing debate over Texas' recently passed abortion law, and the invoking of former Vice President John C. Calhoun by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, reminded him of the debate over states' rights and slavery, both of which Calhoun was a proponent, in the decades leading up to the American Civil War.

A key component of women’s rights and body autonomy is being snatched away as we watch," Blow wrote, referencing the Texas law restricting abortions remaining in place while abortion providers were allowed in a Friday decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to continue challenging it.

Blow specifically pointed to Sotomayor's dissent against the law, which read, "This is a brazen challenge to our federal structure. It echoes the philosophy of John C. Calhoun, a virulent defender of the slaveholding South who insisted that States had the right to ‘veto’ or ‘nullif[y]’ any federal law with which they disagreed."

Blow wrote that he found Sotomayor's invocation of Calhoun "striking," and claimed that there were "too many uneasy parallels" between the run-up to the Civil War in the 1800's and the debate over Texas' ability to restrict abortions today.

"I see this country on the verge of another civil war, as the Calhounian impulse is reborn," Blow wrote.

read more:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-new-york-times-columnist-us-civil-war

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry jerk, abortion is murder pure and simple. And you people are the ones pushing us into a civil war with all you racist comments and fearmongring

• He may be correct - people like us hate what we see is happening in this country which we love.  Unforutnately, I would bet this less than honest or intelligent columnist, and the de"mock"rats and their supportrers, don't realize (and certainly would not admit) they would be part (a main part) of starting a civil war.

This is the last think I would want.  It would be worse than the war that emancipated the slaves.  That was North against South - this would be neighbor against neighbor; relative against relative.  It should be avoided at all costs, but since it appears to be exactly what the de"mock"rats and their supporters want; it may come to pass.

• He has Huge inferiority complex. Understandably because White People are the ones that created this wonderful Country. Whites are responsible for most technological advancements.Medicine and Agriculture. By contrast, Blacks in Africa can't even feed them selves. I'm sure Mr. Blow has his qualities but being racist is not one of them.

• Really funny how all those that are pro-abortion had mothers that chose life for the fetus instead of abortion.

• Only his time it wouldn't be whites giving their lives to win freedom for the blacks, it would be a fight between the people and the corrupt government! I believe the word for that is a revolution. What Blow is thinking would be the blacks against the whites....that isn't a civil war either, that is a race war! 
    What an appropriate name for this idiot blowing hot air!

This reply was deleted.