Replies

• IT takes full-time, dedicated LEADERSHIP to put such a campaign together... centralized planning, organizing, staffing, and well-funded action plans... including legal action, protests, assemblies, sit-ins, petition, and legislative agendas all need to be properly initiated and supervised to ensure the plan is executed and followed up.  This will take serious FUNDING... which is seriously lacking.

The idea that ethnic studies are not a pseudo-name for 'Critical Race Theory' is obvious... we don't need public schools to engage in such ethnic studies.  

• Previously I was a middle school teacher for 21 years. Most of that time, I absolutely refused to join a teachers' union because of their politics. Towards the end of my career,  I had a student who started stocking me and abusing me. Administration didn't help me. Therefore, I joined a teachers' union. They did become a bully pulpit for me with the administration causind Admin to back up and force the student to leave me alone. I am not pro Union, but often teachers only join one for self-defense. Teachers are in such a crappy position. I left teaching.  I am so glad I am not faced with either teaching critical race theory or being fired. My heart goes out to people who really want to teach. However, really teaching is not what public school education is about anymore now, is it?!

• The most effective means to deal with Teachers Unions and a corrupt Public School System is to withdrawal our children from public schools... enroll them in private schools, correspondence schools, or home schools, and demand vouchers be given to parents, for the full amount the State provides each child for a public education.  Defund and close public schools. They are beyond salvaging due to the massive corruption and averse educational culture created by Teachers Unions.

Scrap them and start over with private Schools, operated by parents... return the responsibility for educating children to their parents... the current system is beyond reform and would take years we simply don't have.... at least one or two generations would pass before the current Public School System could be returned to their proper roles as centers of critical thinking and education... not indoctrination centers.

• Yes, let's do it.

• You are correct

• I agree with you 100% on this topic.

• THIS STARTS AT THE LOCAL LEVEL-!!! GET ACTIVE IN YOUR SCHOOL BOARD, LOCAL and STATE ELECTIONS-!!! GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.-!!! IT ALL STARTS AT HOME-!!!

• As an American citizen, I don't want my tax dollars going to a public school system that is indoctrinating our kids to Marxism, Critical Race Theory, Homosexually, abortions, Sex practices, or any immoral practices. I have a right to determine where my tax dollars are spent. School choice would give me this right.

• Unions served their purpose in forcing the Nation to create "Laws" directly related to employees "Safety, Conditions and Fair Wages for Labor." Beyond that time Unions joined with Government in the forcing of American Businesses to relocate to more "Investment Friendly Nations." With "Teachers Unions" America lost its "Educators!" In Our Beginning All Communities of Less than 500 were responsible to Educate their children to a Level of Eighth Grade. All Communities with a population over 500 were responsible to educate their children to an Eighth Grade Level "Capable of entering Harvard!" Each Community was fully responsible for all assurances and funding. If "Pay and Conditions were unsatisfactory to the Educator, the Educator quit after the Contract ended. The very Foundation of Our Republic are Our Laws, not our Emotional Groups or their Causes. Look around at Today's Facts: The more we set aside Our Laws in favor of What Feels As Emotional Rights at the moment, the more rapidity the Nation desolves into chaos, existing no more.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Lynn...

Excellent, well said...  We must return education to its primary role... of producing adults who have a basic education with a firm grounding in critical thinking skills that equip them for life in a complex social system.  Primary education must not become politicized or be used to indoctrinate children with an anti-Constitutional brand of social order or government. Parents must insist on their children being taught critical thinking skills ... enabling them to make sound and informed decisions.

This reply was deleted.