ADMIN

19 Best Lego City Sets in 2020 [Buying Guide] – Gear Hungry

The tragic death of George Floyd while being restrained by police in Minneapolis sparked major protests all over the country, and today we’re seeing the first impact in the toy department.

The Toy Book has received a copy of an email sent to affiliate marketers by Rakuten Linkshare on behalf of the LEGO Group. The email requests removal of product listings and features for more than 30 LEGO building sets, Minifigures, and accessories that include representation of police officers, firefighters, criminals, emergency vehicles, and buildings. Sets include the LEGO City Police Station, Fire Station, Police Dog Unit, Patrol Car, Fire Plane, Mobile Command Center, Police Highway Arrest, and many more. Even the LEGO City Donut Shop Opening set — which includes Police Officer “Duke DeTain” and “Crook” Minifigures — roleplay items including a Police Handcuffs & Badge Set, and the adult builder LEGO Creator version of The White House made the removal list.

read more:

https://toybook.com/lego-pulling-back-potentially-sensitive-product-amid-george-floyd-protests/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So, now that these won't be sold anymore does that mean there will be no more black deaths???... And by removing these from the market does it mean there will be no more rogue police officers???... Instead of taking these items off the market, why not create  partnerships between yourselves and public entities to create and finance programs to improve innercity neighborhood and bring opportunities to the lives of those who get trapped in them. And how about having some backbone and not kowtowing to these bullying tactics and removing something children enjoy. A child putting together a Lego police set will not make any difference to a bad police officer, but it just might make that young child want to become a good officer and help people when he or she grows up.

• Hey! Dawn are you sure of that?

• I will never purchase LEGO products for my grandson!

• I don't have any kids so I don't have to worry about it.

• IF WE KEEP VOTING IN THE SAME DEMS AND RINOS AND MORE AND MORE COMMIES THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.   WE HAVE TO VOTE AND MAKE IT COUNT IT MAY BE THE LAST ONE.   RID OURSELVES OF ALL DEMS , RINOS AND WHOMEVER HATES THE COUNTRY.   LEGO IS STUPID FOR CAVING.  

• is this going to be the next police officer?

• Traitors.

• I threw mind out.

• The communist left must be destroyed for the United States to survive!!

This reply was deleted.