ADMIN
And if Trump wins a second term—especially if that victory relies on another rural surge to overcome massive opposition across the big metros—the chaos in Portland might look like only the preliminary skirmish for an even more incendiary collision to come.

Game Theory on the “Second Civil War” | by BJ Campbell ...

New offensives against major cities from President Donald Trump and GOP governors are pushing at the central geographic fault line between the Republican and Democratic coalitions.

On one front, Trump is taking his confrontational approach toward big cities to an ominous new level by deploying federal law-enforcement officials to Portland and potentially other locales over the objection of local officials.

On the other, Republican governors, especially but not exclusively across the Sun Belt, have repeatedly blocked mostly Democratic local leaders from locking down their communities, despite exploding caseloads in cities from Atlanta to Phoenix. These orders represent a new crest in a decade-long wave of actions by Republican state officials to preempt decisions made by local Democratic governments.

“We haven’t had issues that are so immediately pressing and so much involving public health and safety,” says Richard Briffault, a Columbia University law professor who has studied state preemption of municipal actions. While states moving to block cities from raising the minimum wage or declaring themselves an immigration sanctuary “are important issues … in the sense that these are pressing, in-the-moment decisions that are directly affecting the health and welfare of a lot of people, this is unique,” he told me.

In deploying federal forces, Trump appears to be trying to provoke clashes with protesters, which he can use to convince white suburban voters that he’s the last line of defense between them and the chaos allegedly incubating in cities, Rahm Emanuel, the former Chicago mayor, told me. Referring to the street battle between construction workers and anti-war protesters in Manhattan in 1970, Emanuel said, “Trump is trying to create his own hard-hat riot, and they are wearing [law-enforcement] helmets.”

read more:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/07/trumps-portland-offensive-fits-long-pattern/614476/?utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_term=2020-07-22T19%3A50%3A30&utm_medium=social&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_source=twitter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Law enforcement's presence is not threatening... except to those who brake the law.  Law enforcement should be reassuring and honored not cursed and defunded. 

Civil Protest does not violate the law... once Civil Protest becomes violent, or lawless, the Protest becomes the act of CRIMINALS... The Democrats and MSM find it difficult to understand that lawlessness turns lawful protest into criminal conduct and domestic terror.  It is the Democrat Party that embraces and encourages CRIMINAL ACTS of terror and they are in fact accessories to domestic terrorism...

Law enforcement needs to isolate and indict the powers and financiers supporting the unlawful insurrection and domestic terror Democrats and the MSM call protests... they are complicit with such conduct and should be arrested for inciting riot and as accessories to the crimes of rioters. Until Pres. Trump uses the full powers of his office to arrest, indict, try and jail the leadership and power behind the insurrection and riot passing as protests it will only accelerate in numbers and intensity.

• we dont want a civel war but if it comes the demorats will pay the heavest tole and if they win in novermber we the people will demand a convention of states an fire all of them and restart this goverment and mr Trump will be put in charge  to reform this goverment there will be yterm limets

• Interesting idea... however it takes 34 State Legislatures to call for an Article 5, Convention of States... that may be very difficult to achieve.  Since our nation's inception, several attempts to call for a convention of states has been attempted.   None of the attempts have succeeded.  There is currently an effort to call for an Article 5 Convention but after more than 6 yrs they have only achieved the support of 15 states not even half the requisite number to force Congress to call a convention.

• We do not need a convention of states. We need to follow the constitution as written. 

• We need TERM LIMITS and the only way we are going to force Congress to act on a Term Limits Amendment is through an Article 5 Convention... risky, but the only certain way to break the hold of the Political Parties and the DEEP STATE on our government... is to limit terms to one term... 6yrs of total government service.

• Col. Nelson, As always your responses are intelligent, well thought out, and sane. The idea of fighting a Civil War in America is absolutely horrendous. As difficult as it is there has to be a way to cull the herd, without destroying our Constitutional Republic.I pray that God gives Trump the wisdom and guidance to do the actions you have pointed out. The left will react like a hornets nest that has been hit with a stick, they will go totally berserk. Then there's the ACLU and the Courts, they are all part of it. The enemies within are everywhere.

• In cleaning out the Swamp the first wave of enforcement by Pres. Trump should be focused on detaining the HORNETS NEST... especially, the Marxists in the Courts, ACLU, and non-profits like the Southern Law Poverty Center. Use the Communist Control Act... it remains valid the SCOTUS has not ruled on it being unconstitutional.

SEE:

Communist Control Act of 1954 - Wikipedia
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Control_Act_of_1954
      The Communist Control Act (68 Stat. 775, 50 U.S.C. 841-844) is a piece of United States federal legislation, signed into law by President Dwight Eisenhower on 24 August 1954, which outlaws the Communist Party of the United States and criminalizes membership in, or support for the Party or "Communist-action" organizations and defines evidence to be considered by a jury in determining participation in the activities, planning, actions, objectives, or purposes of such organizations..

Under Martial Law, the Communist Control Act can be used to arrest, indict, and try thousands of Marxist agents including those in the MSM... Abraham Lincoln used Martial law and Presidential Warrants to but away over 14,000 individuals... today it may take significantly more than 14K too roundup the central figures and upper echelons of the Marxist movement in the USA... However, such a blow... if properly coordinated and swiftly executed would likely head off a civil war... as the bulk of the insurrectionist leadership and funding is derailed or i prison.

Communist Control Act of 1954
      The Communist Control Act (68 Stat. 775, 50 U.S.C. 841-844) is a piece of United States federal legislation, signed into law by President Dwight Eise…
    • Thank you Col. you give me hope. I was very young in the 50's, I remember my father and grand-father had "I Like Ike" buttons. I remember JFK better. I vaguely remember Joe McCarthy and a tv show called "I Lead Three Lives". I didn't know about the Communist Control Act. I have already learned a lot from you, and I'll learn a lot more. Thank you again.

• Trump better be ready with armed forces by Nov. 4th. They will rise, worse than now. 

• bring it on you will regrat you even thought about it

This reply was deleted.