ADMIN

8632817262?profile=RESIZE_400x

Fresh internal documents from the Department of Health and Human Services show how quickly the number of child migrants crossing the border is overwhelming the administration's stretched resources.

Driving the news: In the week ending March 1, the Border Patrol referred to HHS custody an average of 321 children per day, according to documents obtained by Axios. That's up from a weekly average of 203 in late January and early February — and just 47 per day during the first week of January.

• The same documents, dated Tuesday, say the shelter system is at 94% occupancy and expected to reach its maximum this month.

Meanwhile, some of President Biden's top officials responsible for immigration policy are planning a trip to the U.S.-Mexico border this weekend, sources tell Axios.

• The influx of unaccompanied minors is a mushrooming problem for the new president and his policy and social welfare agencies.
  • “A trip is not finalized and the White House continues to work on locking in details and logistics for a potential visit," White House spokesperson Vedant Patel told Axios.
  • Spokespersons for DHS and HHS did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Behind the scenes: HHS has already moved to open overflow shelters and to increase the speed with which it releases children to caretakers already in the U.S.

• In the week ending March 1, an average of 174 children were released from HHS custody each day. That was up from a weekly average of 90 in late January and early February, according to the documents.
  • Nonetheless, the number of migrants held in Border Patrol custody longer than three days has been rising nearly each day, according to additional documents reviewed by Axios.
  • Kids and teens caught crossing the border without legal guardians are being held in Border Patrol facilities for more than three days, for an average of 77 hours, as CNN first reported.

read more here: https://www.axios.com/biden-child-migrant-border-hhs-leaked-99e6d9a2-20f7-415e-b75c-c23d5c417914.html?utm_campaign=organic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I AGREE WITH 100% LET PUT A END TO THIS SHIT  

• I THINK WE ALL READY TO GO DOWN IN FLAMES  ALONG WITH THE POWER TO BE  

• This life is not worth living in a hellish torement..! We all must die one day sooner or later..! We must make certain that we ARE Made Whole and Righteous Through The Blood Of Jesus Christ- Even Our Lord And Savior Is On Trial Here and Now..!  I DON'T believe I will Loose My Salvation if I Fight For His Name Sake and The Normalcy That He Expects From Us As Christians..!  Evil Should Be Faught..!

• I am reminded of the wise sage who once said: "For evil to thrive good men need to do nothing."   I fear too many good men and women are doing nothing...  or worse... they have embraced evil... starting with our supposed political leaders.

"

This reply was deleted.