ADMIN

politics recall newsom Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Leaders of effort to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) said Sunday that they have collected enough signatures to spark a special election this year. At a press conference, organizers announced that the effort has gathered 1.95 million signatures in support of the recall more than a week ahead of the March 17 deadline. The recall movement leaders said they still plan to try to reach 2 million before that date.

The recall movement gained traction as criticism has mounted against Newsom for his response to the coronavirus pandemic, particularly the restrictions against gatherings and on certain businesses.

Newsom won the 2018 gubernatorial race with 62 percent support in the state where Democrats have supermajorities in both chambers of the state legislature.

A poll from the University of California-Berkeley’s Institute of Governmental Studies in January determined that 36 percent of respondents said they would vote against Newsom in a special election. Forty-five percent indicated they would stand by the governor if a recall election took place.

Read more: 

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/542042-leaders-of-newsom-recall-effort-say-they-have-enough-signatures

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Welcome to Lake Newsom. Plenty of water for food for Power and for recreation in times of drought and normalcy. Notice the extended beach areas8889962653?profile=RESIZE_930x for your enjoyment

• One question how did (Leaders of effort to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D))Lead to a discussion about the Presidency below?

• The people's right to a representative government of the people, by the people and for the people extends to all elected offices, and whenever egregious acts by government officials or the state serve to violate that right of consent then there is common ground to remove the offending official... Hence, Biden and Newsom have stirred up a common desire to remove them from their elected offices, as they have both violated the confidence of the people and need to be removed.

• This reply was deleted.
  • Tell him to take AUNTIE PIGLOSIE with him

• That's funny. Love your wording, mind if I use it?

• Don't count on it.  It may go to a vote, but he will be re--elected.   have noticed that people in places like California, New York, Illinois etc complain about their leaders, but vote for them again and again.

• I am actually fairly certain that it IS NOT Fully the People That Keep Voting These Bastards Back In..! They Have Their Leftist Crooked Ways Of Keeping Those Same Leftists In Office With Very Little Effort..! I know damned well they do here in the state of Illinois..! Like Dick Durbin- 36 Damned Years divided between House Of Reps. and Senate..! Durbin use to be a sinceable Very Moderate Democrat but He has Kept Changing Over Those Years To The Point That He Is So Far Left It Is Pathetic and You Can't Even Reason With Him Anymore..! I know Damned Well He Has Had Several Challengers Over The Years Republican and Democrats but Somehow He Just Keeps Pulling It Off and He Doesn't Even Campaign At All Anymore..! It Is Simply Automatic For Him..!  Ther HAS TO BE Thousands Upon Thousands That Vote To Replace Him But It DOES NOT Happpen..!

• A Joint Session of Congress CERTIFIED the election results... our GOP leaders under the supervision of VP Pence... permitted the FRAUDULENT ELECTION to be certified as lawful.  Whether we like it or not the GOP voted in a joint session of Congress to accept the Electoral College votes as legitimate. HENCE... Biden is President by Constitutional law.   His election being found legitimate by a joint session of congress.

We can either operate in reality or we can become delusional and ignore the facts... I don't like it, I am very upset over it, and I will do everything I can to get the States to respond with an Article 5 Constitutional Amendment RECALLING THE ENTIRE ELECTION... down-ballot issues included ... subject to new elections.  I would suggest that we all look to our State Legislatures to engage in Anti-Commndeeering and Nulificaito'n legislation designed to reign in the Federal Government until we can get a convention of states to pass a recall amendment. There is no guarantee such a convention will work... as it takes 38 states to ratify an amendment in convention, and 34 states to call the convention.

• That does not make anything illegal into legal. My mind and the Bible tells me a thief is still a thief. He does not become the owner of the thing he stole. This speaks of a systemic theft in the form of fraud and a coup. And it exposes the gang. It does not twist the truth into a lie. The laws of God and of lawful laws in this country are not to bend to the manmade collusions of men to lie, steal, kill and destroy. In lawful citizen's grand juries, none of this would stand or be seen as lawful. Legal on its face does not equal lawful.

This reply was deleted.