Moral decay in the social order... is exacerbated by PUBLIC OFFICIALS whose reckless and lawless conduct set the tone for immoral conduct. When public officials ignore their oaths of office, operate outside the law, or breach their duty to the public, lawless conduct soon finds itself in every home. Public officials who fail to prosecute and root out evil, by default conspire to permit the unlawful conduct of others. Society can not expect to reign in the common criminal when it's Public officials engage in and condone unlawful acts?

Do our public officials violate the law with impunity... If the law were applied equally very few public officials would escape prosecution. One violation of the law that applies to many in-office today follows:

"Misprision of felony"... an offense under United States federal law, codified under Title 18 U.S.C. § 4 Also see Current through Pub. L. 112-207. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.):

"Whoever, knowing the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Source: (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 684; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(G),Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Other laws that address Public Officials... for their failure to expose criminal conduct or corruption in government include: aiding and abetting a crime, malfeasance in office, and official misconduct. Each is a separate crime, depending on the level of knowledge and involvement of those who engage in them. It is difficult to believe that most members of Congress and this Administration don't have personal knowledge regarding acts of corruption and criminal conduct in government.

Congress, officials of the Administration, and Judiciary... who have personal knowledge of violations of the Constitution or law and don't act on that knowledge, may have committed a criminal act... including, misprision. Pres. Obama and others who may have engaged in unlawful conduct, together with those who observed or know such acts, may be in violation of the law... failing to appropriately act on knowledge of a criminal act... too, report it or prosecute the crime... is a crime, in and of itself.

The failure to prosecute... criminal acts in government has opened the door for Public Officials to violate the law with IMPUNITY. The result is an almost total disregard by public officials for their oaths of office and their lawful conduct while in office. Until Congress and the members of the judiciary hold PUBLIC officials accountable under the law... America will continue to see an expansion of LAWLESS conduct by its government and SOCIETY in general. A moral society must begin with the lawful conduct of those who govern... The officers of our government must be held to the HIGHEST, not lowest, Standards of Conduct.

Copy and send the above... to every member of Congress, the Administration, and US Attorney in your area and ask them to begin prosecuting these types of crimes. Let those who govern understand that the People expect them to obey and ENFORCE the laws of the land.

The ultimate test of a lawful society... comes when a People demand the LAW be applied EQUALLY: including to those responsible for administering the law. It is time for the people to demand that their public servants obey all the laws or be removed from office. Public servants must be held to the highest standard of conduct under the law... they set the tone for the moral application of the law in society.

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AMEN!

• YES, YES, AND YES, AND AMEN

• Well stated... cogent and concise thanks...  Our Constitution was meant for a moral and Godly people... it will not work in any other culture.

• Exactly!

• Sue them and then you have trillions to take back our country. They have violated our rights. I just need a brave lawyer to help me. No takers so far, which means the Republicans are in on the rigged game. No way this could happen without their support. Time for a third party. Sign my petition and if your a lawyer then review my pdf file attached to my petition. https://www.change.org/ConstitutionalRightsViolated

• Third parties have been tried many times only to fail... We need an Article 5 Convention to Amend the Constitution.... recall the sitting government and term limits.

• Perhaps I simply do not understand the process involved in an Article 5 convention, but the idea of trusting our Constitution to the same congressional miscreants who have plunged our nation into its current state, to somehow make our Constitution better than it is, seems implausible.   I'm guessing these rascals would shred it; all for the good of the people, of course.  I would love it if our elected and appointed officials would simply enforce the current laws and look out for the USA!  I feel confident that there has always been a percentage of our elected officials who were ignoble and self-serving and who routinely use their office for self-gain.  However, I strongly suspect that percentage is now very high.  The 20 plus trillion dollar national debt at the very least demonstrates Congressional incompetence and with very little imagination when considering the Clinton Foundation, the Biden/Ukraine connection etc. along with our latest national election, it seems likely that outright corruption is common place.  This also tells us all "We the People" need to know about our DOJ, FBI, etc.  I hate to think it, but I believe the bulk of officialdom is incompetent at best and likely highly corrupt.  Again, maybe I'm confused about the administrative process of an Article 5 Convention but, I'm leary. 

• Paul...

Congress doen't manage an article 5 convention... the State Legislatures and Governors will run any Article 5 Convention... appointing delegates as they see fit.  Of course, there is always a concern that those appointed will be part of the problem and not the solution but we must try to use every peaceful Constitutional tool to reform the government before abandoning the Constitution for other more drastic means of reform.

Our founders left us with a marvelous Constitution and when properly administered... by Godly, men, and women, it has every tool necessary to maintain life, liberty, and the happiness of our citizens.  However, it is woefully inadequate to deal with tyrants and immoral men and women... those individuals who would abuse their offices and betray the people's trust must not be permitted to occupy the seats of government power.  To that end, the people have failed their heritage.  They have neglected their due diligence duty to police their government representatives.

• Thank you for your kind response.  I have not been aware of the intricacies of carrying out an Article 5 Convention.  That stated, I still maintain a very real concern over the moral state of our people and hence the various people who now tend to lord themselves over us.  

The US Constitution strikes me as a masterpiece of social expression.  I know that our founders were human and that human perfection is an oxymoron, nevertheless the culture of their day clearly brought to the foreground a group of men that were of noble heart and mind.  The very concept of a free and self-governing people against the backdrop of kings, queens, emperors and empresses is truly amazing.

In generations past, our elected officials at least pretended to be privileged to serve, today, as we listen to their speeches and declarations, it seems clear that they feel entitled to rule.  

Regardless of the method of administration of an Article 5 Convention, I'm concerned that our nation no longer has a sufficient number of leaders in place who have the intellectual capacity, the administrative know how and the nobility of heart to make needed improvements.

Our original Constitution was a real jewel and if it's spirit was honored by honorable leaders our beloved nation would not be where it is today.  The signs of moral and resultant social decay of our nation are everywhere and increasing.  Our last national election alone, should have put all sensible people on high alert.

Hopefully there are enough true Americans willing to rise up and hold our officials accountable, in order to drain the swamp and restore the rule of law to all levels of society.

Again, thank you for your kind response.

Paul

This reply was deleted.