ADMIN

7822975277?profile=original

The attorney general is said to have set a deadline over the objections of career lawyers who say they need more time to build the case.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department plans to bring an antitrust case against Google as soon as this month, after Attorney General William P. Barr overruled career lawyers who said they needed more time to build a strong case against one of the world’s wealthiest, most formidable technology companies, according to five people briefed on internal department conversations.

Justice Department officials told lawyers involved in the antitrust inquiry into Alphabet, the parent company of Google and YouTube, to wrap up their work by the end of September, according to three of the people. Most of the 40-odd lawyers who had been working on the investigation opposed the deadline. Some said they would not sign the complaint, and several of them left the case this summer.

Some argued this summer in a memo that ran hundreds of pages that they could bring a strong case but needed more time, according to people who described the document. Disagreement persisted among the team over how broad the complaint should be and what Google could do to resolve the problems the government uncovered. The lawyers viewed the deadline as arbitrary.

read more here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/us/politics/google-antitrust-justice-department.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HAMMER IS COMING DOWN NOW. 

HEAD OF THE SNAKE

• Yea wait for the wall to fall then cry foul. Lawyer jokes anyone?

• THIS IS WHEN YOU FIND OUT YOUR ATTORNEY IS BAR CERTIFIED
      ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
      WITNESS: Yes.
      ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
      WITNESS: Getting laid.

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
      WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.
      ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
      WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
      WITNESS: He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'
      ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
      WITNESS: My name is Susan!

• Can't wait. The sooner the better. I'd love to watch them go down in flames.

• A wise man once said if you wish in your left had and sh-t in your right hand your left hand will remain empty while washing the right.

This reply was deleted.