ADMIN

CTU Loses Credibility Blaming Push For Reopening School On Racism |  Chicago, IL Patch

In Democrat-run cities across America, teachers are demanding priority access to vaccines and refusing to return to their classrooms. The big fights are in Chicago, Montclair (New Jersey), and California, where the teachers are insisting on working only from home. Other school systems have only partial in-class teaching (e.g., Texas, Florida, and New York). Conservatives are reflexively pushing for a return to classroom teaching, but perhaps they should push in the other direction: Let’s end public schools entirely.

Before I go any further, I’d better apologize to those readers who are intelligent, dedicated teachers who do not think theirs is the hardest job in the world, that they receive the lowest salary of any employee ever, or that they are uniquely vulnerable to the Wuhan virus despite evidence that classrooms are not dangerous virus spreaders. This post is not about you. This post is about teachers who use their classrooms to indoctrinate the captive young people in their charge with leftist values.

In Chicago, Mayor Lori Lightfoot is engaged in an epic battle with the teachers’ union to try to force them back into schools. So far, the teachers are winning with remote “learning” extended for at least two more days – and with the City having backed down from its threat to lock computer teaching access for those teachers who don’t return to their classrooms. In California, teachers' unions are refusing to re-open schools until every single teacher is vaccinated.

The reason that teachers can take this stand is that they’re still getting their paychecks. While non-government workers are desperate to get back on the job so that they can buy food and shelter their families, teachers keep getting their paychecks even as students languish at home, isolated, alienated, depressed, and suicidal.

read more:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/02/its_time_to_take_seriously_teachers_refusal_to_teach.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MICHAEL, I AGREE.  SCHOOL CHOICE SHOULD BE THE WAY WE GO AND TAX MONEY FOLLOW THE CHOICE, INCLUDING CHURCH SPONSORED SCHOOLS.  THE DEVILDEMOCOMMIECRATS HATE GOD AND ANYTHING RELATED TO HIM

• i pulled my kids out of school 1. because they have been tested for covid and both had it with no symptoms, 2. rsv, strept throat and other illnesses that the other kids brought to school, 3. the school has not disinfected over the last two years. 4. The teachers just sit in the classroom while the kids do thier lessons on the computer with no interaction with the teacher, the teachers (ebarb high school) Sabine Parish La. could at least get off thier asses and teach what is on the computers and do thier JOB, and the principal is targeting students and kicking them out of school because she does not like the way they dress or thier haircuts and are not wearing 200 dollar pair of shoes !

• OK!!  Back to work

• It is time to break the back of the teachers unions 

• YES!! Break the back of the teachers unions!!

This reply was deleted.