ADMIN

politics ilhan omar Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

The squad-member says Biden and Schumer should disregard the recommendation with which they do not agree

Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar is calling on the leaders of her Democrat Party – including Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and President Joe Biden – to disregard the ruling Sunday night by the Senate parliamentarian that disallowed a significant immigration reform members were attempting to fit into their $3.5 trillion spending package.

Omar – a member of the House Democratic Conference's progressive Squad – said Monday that the best way to deal with the parliamentarian's ruling is simply to ignore it.

"This ruling by the parliamentarian, is only a recommendation. @SenSchumer and the @WhiteHouse can and should ignore it. We can't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to do the right thing," tweeted the progressive politician.

read more:

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/ilhan-omar-urges-democratic-leadership-ignore-senate-parliamentarians?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Isn't that typical of the demockrats - just ignore any rule or law with which you don't agree.  But you know what, it wouldn't surpruse me if Biden and Schumer did exactly that.  Remember the rent moriatorium?

• I think the appearance and governmental participation of  "The Squad" was an ignored "ree flag" to Americans. I still can't understand how they ever got in office. 

• I guess there are NO eliminating criteria?  AOC I know comes from NY, sadly.  The others I am not even sure are American citizens, but then neither was Obama. So guess that sort of answers my question.  We have been gaslighted over and over again.

• Oops:  "Red Flag."   

This reply was deleted.