Replies

• Personally I think it should be raised to at least 21

• First, it would take a Constitutional Amendment to lower the age to vote to 16yrs. The Constitution currently establishes 18 as the age for suffrage... voting to begin.

Next, 16-year-old children are not cognitively ready to engage the responsibility of voting...  The mental process for acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses is still under development.  Many aspects of intellectual function and processes such as: attention, critical thinking, experience-based memory, judgment and evaluation, reasoning and computation, problem-solving and decision making, comprehension, and production of language are still developing in a 16yr old.  Cognitive reasoning uses existing knowledge to generate new knowledge needed to make rational decisions... 16yr old adolescents are still developing those reasoning skills and experiences.

16-Year-Old adolescents are generally not capable of consistent, independent, rational decision making... they are prone to GROUP THINK and identity manipulation.  They should not be allowed to vote... in fact, 18-year-olds should not vote... return the age for voting to 21yrs old.

• Mom and Dad are still wiping their rear ends

• You are righ, I was going to say, how can they pick a represenative when they are still picking their noses.  They shouldn't even get driver liciences at 16!

• Are these not the same 16 year olds who were eating TIDE PODS. Anyone who has raised children know what kids at this age are and do. Dems are so desperate they do not realize how hateful they have become. 

• Why lower the age... digital votes have no age, no address, no registration, can't testify in court... and appear with a simple click or two on a mouse... who needs 16yr old morons voting.. they may get it wrong whereas Dominion digital votes always show up in the knick of time to ensure victory.

• Oh I suppose that old pesky Constitution defining age of competency and all.

• OH! boy they want power.

• I'd say that anyone qualifying as a statutory rape victim cannot legally consent, and therefore cannot legally be competent to vote or serve in the military. Then again, the lunatic left would then suggest that is a great arguement to lower the age for consensual sex, or enlistment in the military.

• This idiots think and act worse than teenagers at least they know how to use a remote this idiots don't even know how to act as adults 

This reply was deleted.