ADMIN

Image tagged in congress,washington dc,politics,american ...

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) suggested that Republican U.S. senators should “leave town” to deny a voting quorum on a Democrat-led reconciliation bill that could be voted on as early as next week, arguing that the GOP should draw from Texas state Democrats’ playbook.

Several days ago, Democrat state lawmakers left Texas to deny the Republican-led legislature a quorum in protest against a voting overhaul measure, prompting Gov. Greg Abbott and Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan to call for their arrests or detainment. Several dozen of the lawmakers arrived in Washington on July 12 after leaving on a private charter flight, while some later met with top Democrats, including Vice President Kamala Harris.

“If for some reason they pass reconciliation, a budget resolution to bring that bill to the floor of the United States Senate, the $3.5 trillion bill, you’ve got to have a quorum to pass a bill in the Senate; I would leave before I would let that happen,” Graham told Fox News on July 18. “So to my Republican colleagues, we may learn something from our Democratic friends in Texas when it comes to avoiding a $3.5 trillion tax-and-spend package. Leave town.”

When the Democrat House members left Texas, it meant the chamber wouldn’t have enough legislators in attendance to conduct business—known as a quorum—and meant they couldn’t vote on election bills or other legislation. Abbott called a special session after Democrats pulled a similar stunt during the waning hours of the previous legislative session on May 30, denying Republicans the ability to vote on the measure.

read more:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/sen-graham-gop-senators-should-leave-town-like-texas-dems-to-stop-3-5-trillion-spending-plan_3907012.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He is right anything we can do to stop this maddness   we need to do it.   We can't let this illegitimate imposter make changes that can't be undone.  America depends on this.  

• Sounds good to me... leave and don't return until Biden, Harris and all of the down-ticket frauds resign... no quarum no legislation.   The VP would not count as part of a quarum... all 50 GOP Senators need to refuse to be seated.  They need to leave for vacation and return when we have new elections.

• Does the 28 TRILLIONS of USD debt go on vacation too, along with the advisories that the lockdowns are based on?

Business as usual is not going on, and will continue to not go on disasterously until the debt and the medical farce is addressed.

• Right on all counts, COL Nelson. But I doubt that all fifty Republican Senators would boycott, least of all our spine-challenged Minority Leader. Too many cowards on the GOP roster.  

• I agree all Republicans should leave DC and go to their home state as for the Democrats that ran out of Texas should not be paid.

• I have mixed reaction to this idea.  On 1 hand - I disagree because our Representatives and Senators jobs are to represent us - voice our objections and fight for our rights.  On the other hand - the de"mock"rats have gone so very Marxist part of me says that this may be the only way to get our points across; the only way to save our Nation.  However, I fear, if theRepublicans tried it some of the RINOS (like Chenney, Murkowski, Collins, Romney etc) would not go along with it and the de"mock"rats would just change the rules (after all they have been known to to that REPEATEDLY!)!

• Well, Well Sen. Graham, Time for Politicians to get HEADLINES-!!! WE ALL KNOW THAT NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, EXCEPT THE DEMOCRATS WILL GET THEIR WAY TO DISTROY THE U.S.A.-!!! SICK OF THIS SH-T !!! The Time is Here- This is why The 2nd was written by Our Fore Fathers-!!! Time to put the Fear Of GOD Back In The Politicians-!!! They Have Forgotten For WHOM THEY WORK FOR-!!!

• He would probably like that since we know the corrupt commie Dems would try to figure out how to get them out of office. 

• I agree we need to learn to play using the Liberal play book. We need to get rid of the RINOS AKA Mitch and the spineless others who are in bed with the CCP and special interest. But to walk out would be walking out on there duty to the American people. They were elected to be the voice of there constituencies and walking off the job is not who we are.

• Graham is all hot air, if the crooked government would have looked in to the corrupt election they would have found the the American people did not vote for a lot of the people in the Congress and the White House

This reply was deleted.