ADMIN

8646006857?profile=RESIZE_400xA county prosecutor in Michigan told a local news station Monday that Gov. Gretchen Whitmer could possibly face charges for her early handling of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities during the coronavirus pandemic.

Peter Lucido, the Macomb County prosecutor, told WXYZ.com that he is limited in his own investigation into nursing home deaths, but if it is revealed that there was "willful neglect of office" or "reckless endangerment of a person’s life," there could be criminal charges.

Lucido, a former Republican state senator, appealed to those in the state who may have lost loved ones to the virus who were in nursing homes to seek out information about the deaths. He said HIPPAA laws prevent his office from obtaining some patient information.

Whitmer’s office did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.

Her office issued a statement to WXYZ and called Lucido’s comments "shameful political attacks based in neither fact or reality." Her office said that one of Lucido’s former Republican colleagues admitted that they "have not seen any evidence or testimony that says that a nursing home was forced to take someone against their will."

read more here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whitmer-could-face-criminal-charges-over-covid-deaths-prosecutor-says

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HIPPAA laws prevent his office from obtaining some patient information. Hippaa laws can be supended because they are man made. And these liberal scums will never face the music about the nursing homes. My own state of Penna the so called a hole Tom wolf did the same thing and never had to answer for it.

• I absolutely LOVE seeing these Democrat Governors take their falls! LONG overdue! 

• She needs to face up to  what she has done!  She is a tyrant, and needs to be jailed accordingly.  Come on Michigan - get your act together and get rid of this so called human being!

• I am very curious as to how, in your opinion, Michigan can rid itself of the likes of Gretchen Whitmer. The democrats have been in total control of this state since the fifties. They control every election just as was witnessed in the last national election. Public sentiment has run as high as 2 to 1 against the democrats, but amazingly, they always manage to get more votes than their opposition. Every once in a while a Republican is allowed to win a meaningless office to create the illusion of “Free and Fair Elections”. If you have a solution, millions of people here in Michigan would love to hear it.

• You are right Tom with what you said. And now this whole country is heading the same way as michigan.

• She should be in jail along with all the Democratic governors in the United states of America because there the one that brought the coronavirus here

• From another TPCC. post, ..."The Supreme Court has rightly affirmed that government officials should be held accountable for the injuries they cause,” Kristen Waggoner, general counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, said in a statement Monday.

“When public officials violate constitutional rights, it causes serious harm to the victims."

This case was about free speech by a Christian student, and ADF and the student WON, and it sure sounds like an open door to other gov.co damages upon WE the MAGA.

Supreme Court: Govt officials must be held accountable when violating constitutional rights
    The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom General Counsel Kristen Waggoner regarding the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling Monday…
  • Nothing ever happens to these people the biggest criminals . They go on an on and nothing is done. It is a JOKE people. What is going on with Barr and do you think Coumo is leaving . We are in total destruction mode and I am still praying we can trun this around but it is very scary out there.

• Good politicians must realize just like average citizen there are reprocussions for your actions. There are alot of these people that think they are above the law. If my actions cause someone to loose their life I expect bad things to happen to me. 

This reply was deleted.