ADMIN

Democrats Hate America and U.S. Citizens - Imgflip

In a last ditch effort to counter the $1.9 trillion coronavirus package passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in the early hours Saturday morning, frustrated Arizona Republican Rep. Paul Gosar submitted an amendment that slashed non relief spending and offered $10,000 stimulus checks instead.

“I offered an amendment to prioritize $10,000 stimulus checks to Americans most affected by COVID-19 and lockdowns,” Gosar said in a statement to Fox News Saturday. “Instead, Democrats chose foreign aid, Big Tech transit, and Pelosi’s political priorities over direct relief to American citizens.”

Gosar’s amendment called for the removal of 10 agenda items out of the American Rescue Plan’s more than 200 sections, including funding for the arts, federal and corporate transit projects, “vaccine confidence activities” and foreign aid.

The proposal was an attempt to show that by removing non COVID-related funding, Congress would be able to provide substantially more cash in-hand for the U.S.’s most financially vulnerable.

“People need help with car payments, mortgage and rent, and everyday necessities,” Gosar said. “The government broke it. Now government must fix it. The people, not corporations or billionaires, need this money to survive,” he added, saying a $10,000 stimulus check should considered “a down payment.”

The amendment was a nonstarter with House Democrats.

read more:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/republican-slashes-trillion-dollar-covid-package-asks-for-10000-stimulus-checks-instead

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The help people need is for the GOVERNMENT TO GET OUT OF THEIR WAY and to reopen our small businesses... no more irrational shutdowns.   Quarantine the SICK not the healthy.   Never in our history has the Government quarantined the entire nation... nor mandated many of the controversial health codes used to shut down our economy and kill small businesses.  As Pres. Trump stated from the onset of a national quarantine program... the effects of the quarantine would be worse than the Pandemic...

I am still waiting to see how our government intends on holding China responsible for the deaths and massive economic impact this Chinese Pandemic has created.

• That's bull crap they should have done it the first time, and I don't believe it's the government job to do anything to do anything the Church should should step up and show the government how it works.

• this boondoggle is not about helping We the People.  It is about impoverishing and enslaving us while they and their deep pocket pals get even richer!!!!!!!!!!

• Recently, I've been communicating with my US Representative and both Senators, here in SC; trying to convince them that using the left's own playbook against the left was the very best strategy.  For instance, suggested they advise fancy nancy to get off her high horse and meet them half-way OR they would use her own communist entanglements against her and would not hesitate to fully investigate her son, Paul Jr. and his involvement in both Ukraine AND China.  Told them to call it blackmail, arm-twisting, or anything they wanted to call it; but STOP PLAYING MR. NICE GUY - - nice guys do NOT WIN in this business. Haven't heard back, directly, yet; just the usual auto acknowledgement email was received.

• good luck getting a gop hack to help.  all but a very few are deep state TRAITORS!!!!!!!!!!

• Time we play their stupid game of politics.

• Look up gutless in the dictionary and the definition is "most Republicans."

• Not gutless, complicit!!!!!!!!!!

• Benjamin Franklin

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Never a truer observation has been made... A Nation Filled with People looking to get something for nothing... a handout instead of a hand up will soon awake to find themselves on the street and others occupying their homes.  Welfare is a sure-fire path to institutional poverty... new age slavery...  a new plantation run by the State.

• People need to know about all th pork and the Main stream media will not tell them.  If there are any Republicans that really care, they have to find some way of getting this information out to the public.  I realize we are fighting an uphill battle, but this information has to become known. 

This reply was deleted.