ADMIN

8562733895?profile=RESIZE_710x

After former President Donald Trump was acquitted Saturday, several Republican members of Congress who voted to convict him were censured by GOP committees in their home states.

But in one case, a Republican who voted to convict Trump faced a different, more close-knit kind of backlash from his own family members.

“We are thoroughly disgusted with you!!” Trump-supporting relatives of Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) wrote in a two-page letter first published by the New York Times on Monday. “And, oh, by the way, we are calling for your removal from office.”

Kinzinger, a six-term GOP House member from Illinois, was one of ten GOP members in the House who partnered with Democrats to vote to impeach Trump on a charge of incitement of the riot that took place January 6 on Capitol Hill.

After Kinzinger’s vote, his home district GOP committee voted to censure him. He then received a handwritten letter from a cousin that was signed by several other relatives saying that his decision was a disappointment “to us and to God.”

Kinzinger’s cousin Karen Otto wrote the letter, telling the Times she hoped her cousin would be “shunned.”

“It is now most embarrassing to us that we are related to you,” the letter continued. “You have embarrassed the Kinzinger family name!”

Kinzinger responded to the letter in a Monday tweet, saying that political divisions in his family have become commonplace since Trump’s election.

Read More here: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/16/gop-rep-adam-kinzingers-family-denounces-him-over-trump-impeachment-vote/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20210216

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I will contribute to any state that find a candidate that can defeat those idiots who voted to impeach the President 

• Blue State Republicans are really lying Democrats.

• Phil, That is a great thought  ---   D

• Republican RINO's like Kinzinger is the best that the DEEP BLUE CORRUPT STATE OF IL Produces... Even Rodney Davis is not a hell of a lot better but he at least didn't vote to impeach Trump on Another Unconstitutional - Made Up and Altered Facts To Boot..! Kinzinger probably made a big pocket full of Money for that and he probably wasn't planning on running next term so that way he would have plenty of cash plus all of his life-long benifits..!   2022 and 2024 will be the best time to vote in some seriously hard core Conservatives and turn this damned state Blood Red for REAL for a Change..!

• Loren, You are correct, I am not a resident of Illinois so can't vote there, but I sure as hell can contribute to a good conservative...  Lotsa support for a third party, I think we should take over the Rep party,  a third party would "water down the vote" ala Ross Perot (who I supported) lesson learned....  All RINO"S must be primaried and defeated by conservatives/republicans...  We still need Donald Trump

• "We still need Donald Trump" ... totally agree!

• What a shame I had hope's for him when he first came up, now he's just another RINO, They could all learn a lesson from the dems - no matter what the issue, they stick together  --  and no matter what any individual thinks of Trump, sooner or later we have to realize that Results matter and Trump  DOES  get results

• David, you are so right. Trump does get results, he is a born winner, the world's best negotiator who always comes out on top; he has done so all his life. What a blessing it is that he gave his talents to the country to make America great again. He is a true patriot!

• I wish all the Democrats that voted to impeach Trump will lose their job to especially Nancy Pelosi Chuck Schumer and the rest of them.

• This suits Kinzinger. He is a traitor to Trump, the US Constition, and the Country, all of which are interchangable these days. At least his family members are still true and tried patriots unlike their rino Representative.

This reply was deleted.