ADMIN

10325664057?profile=RESIZE_710x

Below is my column in the Hill on the campaign to sack Attorney General Merrick Garland over his failure to prosecute former President Donald Trump. Political strategist Cheri Jacobus posted on Twitter that “It’s time for a group of respected, experienced, influential legal eagles to sign a letter to President Biden demanding the firing of Merrick Garland. It has to happen, and this can give Biden some political cover. The status quo cannot stand.”

It is Garland’s Luca Brasi moment delivered by some of the same figures on the left who pushed to Pack the Court.

Here is the column:

Attorney General Merrick Garland just got his fish in the mail. In the mob, there is no clearer message that your days are numbered than a newspaper-wrapped fish left at your doorstep. The message left for Garland in various newspapers this week was equally clear: Either prosecute Trump or sleep with the fishes.

Garland may be legitimately confused. Just last year, commentators like the Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin celebrated the confirmation of Garland for his pledge “to keep the department free of political interference.” Now, many of these same figures, including Rubin, are declaring Garland unfit for office and calling for him to be canned.

On CNN Sunday, Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) declared that “Merrick Garland is failing the United States of America” by failing to prosecute Trump. Rep. Elaine Luria (D-Va.) on Monday evening told Garland to just “do your job” and get on with prosecutions of Trump associates. Luria emphasized “The Department of Justice … needs to move swiftly.”

It appears time — not ethics — is the priority.

As one columnist declared, Democrats are “nearly out of time” before the midterm elections and the possible loss of Congress.

Perhaps the clearest signal came from his boss, President Joe Biden. This week, The New York Times ran a leaked account of how Biden was telling people that he wants Trump prosecuted. The Times reported the president wants “Mr. Garland to act less like a ponderous judge and more like a prosecutor who is willing to take decisive action over the events of Jan. 6.”

Many of these figures, including President Biden, spent four years criticizing Trump for threatening and pressuring his attorneys general, from Jeff Sessions to Bill Barr. I joined in that criticism. To their credit, Sessions and Barr stood firmly against such pressure and protected the independence of the Department.

Of course, by leaking Biden’s comments, Biden did not have to say it to Garland directly; instead, the media delivered the message to Garland: Get moving or get out.

read more here: https://jonathanturley.org/2022/04/08/garland-gets-his-fish-liberal-activists-move-from-pack-the-court-to-sack-the-ag/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Surprise!!!!!  Surprise!!!!!  Surprise!!!!!  More corruption from devildemocommiecrats!!!!!  Trump was right when he told We the People, "They are after you, I am just in the way"!!!!!!!!!!

• In this case I might agree with the "elites" - I dom't like Garland.  But not for the reason they don't like him.  I think he is covering for the Biden crime family. 

The idea of prosecutrig Trump makes no sense.  There is nothing fpor which to prosecute him.  For loving the USA and wanting to see it continue as the founders intended; doesn't seem like a logical reason to me.   

• It's not that they don't like Garland anymore,  they hate Trump so much to punish anyone who isn't willing to destroy him. Even if he can't, there's not enough evidence, the left sees that as a betrayal....after all if there is nothing there, he should make it up and do it anyway!
      The left isn't logical, they are a calculating evil running on lies!

• Martha, the left IS NOT EVER logical, they are EVIL!!!!!!!!!!  There is not anything to prosecute Trump for but they push that narrative to deflect the focus from the TRAITORS, the devildemocommiecrat party, the clinton and biden crime cartels, and themselves!!!!!!!!!!

• They all are worthless corrupt elites

• He can make the charge, but then in court he has to prove his charges have weight. Look how they tried with the two kids, and the one ended up extremely wealthy.....the other soon will! They can get away with much, but not everything!

• If any are not convinced that the democrats are not a mob out for vengeance at any cost ; they are woefully brain dead.  The have no morals or ethics what so ever.  La Cosa Nostra would be real proud of them..

• Linda, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

• Gee, could it be Garland can`t find anything amiss? Everything we claimed they did we did ourselves. It`s that old Saul Alinsky thing.

• Obviously not anything that would stand in court or he would be all over it!

This reply was deleted.