ADMIN

8445129689?profile=RESIZE_400x

President-elect Joe Biden released his long-awaited stimulus proposal last Thursday that contained an inauspicious provision for millions of Americans expecting additional $2,000 stimulus checks. Instead of that long-promised amount, Biden’s proposal only calls for an additional $1,400 stimulus payment.

Georgia voters who recently delivered the Democratic Party control of the U.S. Senate by electing Reverend Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff say they feel betrayed, let down, and outraged at what NBC Peacock host Mehdi Hasan has termed “Biden’s first broken campaign promise.”

Oscar Zaro voted for the Democratic Party slate during the recent Senate runoff election. He lives in Hiram, Georgia, just outside of Powder Springs.

A Democratic voter in the typically red 14th Congressional District, which is currently represented by QAnon Rep. Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Zaro said that Georgians in the 14th were spurred on to vote more Democratic than usual this year due, in part, to the promise of “$2,000 checks” by Warnock and Ossoff.

“The last few weeks heading towards the runoff election, especially after Trump endorsed the $2,000 payments, Warnock and Ossoff made it a point to endorse and exclusively say ‘$2,000 checks,'” he said. “A lot of the people in my district voted blue in the runoff for two main reasons: (1) Loeffler and Perdue denying us relief during COVID while profiting millions themselves; and (2) $2,000 checks.”

“They really underestimate just how much people are hurting economically,” Zaro added, referring to Democrats who he views as reneging on their word.

The following image was shared by Warnock in the waning days of the campaign: 8445140500?profile=RESIZE_400x read more here: https://www.mediaite.com/election-2020/a-betrayal-georgia-voters-enraged-after-democrats-promise-of-2000-checks-becomes-1400-under-biden-stimulus-plan/?utm_source=mostpopular

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So that's all it takes is a monitary  promise and financial reward for voting for a candidate? When the population becomes corrupt just like the candidates its all over.

• Apparently Georgia doesn't pay attention too well. It was stated, somewhere I forget now that is $2000 checks came to be that they were going to deduct the $600 previously issued from that. Maybe the schools in georgia need to bone up on paying attention and math.

• Another voter so gullible that he could be bought with a promise. Ossof might as well have promised them ice cream. I've been around long enough not to believe any specific campaign promises because individual Congressmen/Women don't have it within their power to deliver on them. The privilige of voting is wasted on the young.

• since it's ok for elected officials to receive payment by lobbyist groups to vote on bills; i'm open to as a voter being financially compensated on voting since it's been so long than any candidate , election, party , etc lived up to the hype

• Voters are just pawns to them. Citizens United. 

• dumba$$ people still drinking the koolaid...they get what they deserve...nothing...

• I don't trust the democratic party neither the Republican.

•  

biden's first lie and many more to come.. China Joe loves suxing Chinese dicks. Next he will make it law to have us start talking Russian .Da comrade.. lol

• this is funny Bruce

• I have an idea. Why don't they have a tantrum and just burn the place down with a mostly peaceful protest. . You idots! Wait until they're done looting the country. You're going to love Amerizuela!!!

This reply was deleted.