ADMIN

8145015264?profile=RESIZE_584x

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy was fired as a Fox News contributor, a spokesperson for the network told CNBC on Wednesday, as he joins President Donald Trump’s outside counsel amid an impeachment inquiry into the president.

The spokesperson said Gowdy “has been terminated and is no longer a contributor” to Fox, where the South Carolina Republican had appeared just days before to discuss the ongoing impeachment inquiry in the House.

A source familiar with the situation noted that Gowdy representing the president would pose a conflict of interest with his role as a Fox contributor. Gowdy’s agent waited to confirm the job change, the source told CNBC, which is why Fox revealed that he is no longer a contributor prior to an official announcement about his new role as Trump’s counsel.

Multiple outlets, including Fox, reported this week that Gowdy was hired to serve as outside counsel to Trump.

“I am pleased to announce that former Congressman Trey Gowdy is joining our team as Counsel to the President,” Trump’s personal lawyer Jay Sekulow told NBC News. “I have known Trey for years and worked with him when he served in Congress. His legal skills and his advocacy will serve the president well. Trey’s command of the law is well known and his service on Capitol Hill will be a great asset as a member of our team.”

read more here: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/09/fox-terminates-trey-gowdy-amid-reports-he-joined-trumps-legal-team.html?

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The next Attorney General!

• Russ, I could drink to that.

• I'm proud that Trey has joined the team. He is a true Patriot with a cool head and a thirst for justice.

• FOX has become another Pravda/Goebbels fake news propaganda arm.  I still watch Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity but the rest of them are useless libtard drones.  I am very disappointed in neal cavuto.  He used to be credible but has sold out.  I expect to see those I still watch to be canned before long.  I like Piro but haven't seen her in a while.  I don't watch that network during the day because they have too much propaganda then.

• I don't understand why this is being posted NOW -- this occurred over a year ago!  I, too, have left Fox News, but, this incident is not the reason and only clouds the issue for me since I think their rationale was correct for a "fair and balanced" claim to fame.

• Laura, they lost the "fair and balanced" mantra a long time ago.  I quit qatching when they fired Glenn Beck but have started watching Carlson and Ingraham since they still tell the truth.

• I agree with you Bob!  I stopped watching all except the occasional Tucker or Laura Ingraham show.  But, when they switched, even those two sounded like they just accepted the Biden win narrative, so I'm on NEWSMAX now!

• Laura, I have been watching both and they have been on the front lines in exposing the FRAUD!!!!!

• Respectfully, this article is from a year ago.  Please try to keep all news current.  We are in a very difficult time right now and Tea Party-affiliated groups may become extremely important sources of news.  We have to be able to believe what we are reading has been carefully vetted. Thank you for considering my concern.

• Looks like FOXX  has abandoned us all.  So i will move on to OANN and Newsmax.   We have terminated Foxx.... too bad. yes that is true...they left us long time ago.

and we still hung in there with them.

This reply was deleted.