Replies

• NO PRE-PLANNED RESPONSE

Ridiculous, this was the pre-planned response. Just the same as the pre-planned violence. A casual glance at who runs the state of Minnesota should tell you that the whole thing was pre-planned.

• Exactly...it is ridiculous to think that the State and local officials had no pre-planned response... in fact, Milwaukee is a hotbed for social and racial violence and riots.  This isn't the first time the city nearly burnt down. Yet, we are expected to believe the feeble response of the leftist in office was due to a lack of a plan to respond to such an emergency.  No, the response was deliberately slow... the NG was held back while the city burned.

• I didn't say a damn thing about the fire department, just fire hoses.  Which the national guard have at their disposal for just such things.  Really Ronny, I'd think you'd know that, you know everything else....

• You don't know a thing about emergency services... when one has many fires being fought the WATER PRESSURE Becomes a critical part of the problem... you can't have everyone running around opening fire hydrants... the Fire Department will tell you they have to manage the use of hydrants whenever multiple fires are being fought in the same area. Also, giving National Guard fire hoses doesn't mean they can use them effectively... for fire hoses to be effective large STABLE crowds need to be present... moving or transient crowds of 10-20 running through a community looting and burning... are not open to interdiction with a fire hose.  By the time the NG finds a hydrant hook up and begins to use it most of the rioters are moving on to new locations.

• I know EXACTLY about water pressure.  I used to work for the public works department.  And there's only a problem with that method IF....IF....IF....there are fires in the area at the time.  And as we've all already seen, there WERE fires happening and the fire department wasn't doing anything because there weren't any police to watch their backs.   The National Guard has been TRAINED to do exactly that.  And they have access to the same info as fire departments and insurance companies.  Even insurance companies can tell you where fire hydrants are.  So really Ronny....WHO'S always on the attack here?

• Police, Fire, and National Guard all need leadership and orders to act... the problem with the deployment of the Police, Fire and National Guard in Minneapolis can be directly traced to the lack of planning to respond to such riots, by local and state government.  Each State is supposed to have an 'Emergency Management Agency' and Officer, whose duty is to maintain plans and orders to respond to a host of crises... too, coordinate and manage the deployment of state resources as needed in response to the emergency. That did not happen here... in fact, the Governor reported that they all sat down around a table the day after the crisis began to brainstorm various responses to the riots...   That is not what is supposed to happen... and the delay in reacting to the crisis resulted in the crisis becoming much worse...

The Governor, Mayor, and County officials had to be incompetent not to' understand that the State Emergency Management Agency and its Officer should have had plans ready to initiate in response to the riots in Minneapolis.  Even after developing a plan to take on the crisis the incompetence of the Governor, Mayor, and County officials remained a glaring deficiency in their response.  Elect liberals and this is what you get... riots, arson, looting, and chaos in response.

• Amazing then you know that multiple fires on a massive scale will effect hydrant pressure and the fire department will manage the opening of hydrants... The fires that existed were started in the area where the riots were occurring... The choice for using hydrants would be prioritized for fires not crowd control... I spent 3yrs as the Senior Active Duty Military Advisor for the Kansas National Guard... they did not train to use fire hoses in riot control... They trained to support and protect firemen doing their jobs in fire suppression and crowd control if needed... The Fire Department is not always used in crowd control... especially where Arson is a big problem, its resources are used to fight fires. They keep reserves for real fires not to fight roving rioters... which is what was happening in Minneapolis

• giphy.gif

• Interesting.....others that I know who have served in the National Guard have told a completely different story.  I'm not surprised though....to hear you tell it, you've done EVERYTHING there is on the planet.

• I've certainly had a long and active military career... I was commissioned an engineer officer.... by the way, engineers are responsible for FIRE FIGHTING RESOURCES in the US Army... so I have some direct training on fire fighting including how to manage fire equipment.  I later went to flight school and was an army aviator... later in my career I branch transferred to Field Artillery... before being commissioned I served as a Sargent E-5 in the Infantry and have been trained on small unit infantry weapons and tactics... so yes, I have had lots of experience in the military... P/S after the Military I went into Banking... and then into Transportation management So, I have lots of experience in finance and commercial imports and exports... border and customs regulations.  I have also been a lay minister preaching the Gospel of Christ for more than 35yrs.

This reply was deleted.