ADMIN

LF: How to Stop the Rioters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, Denise Georges, who has worked with Stand Your Ground cases told the Miami publication. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

read more:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I hope that every free loving State will install Florida's law enforcement system.  THAT is why we have our Second Admentment.  If we cannot trust to be there to help us defend our lives and property then it is up to us to do so.  That prevents tyranny.  You know when I was growing up as a little kid this was the normal practice.  We kept firearms safely kept and oiled for hunting and self defense and guess what?  Very little crime back then compared to now.  Does anyone remember those days?

• Yep

• Does anyone remember those days?! Sure do,but that was before the left PROGRESSIVELY STOLE OUR CHILDREN AND REPUBLIC.

• we don't need a Castle Law we need an open season law on Insurrection and Marxist operatives...  if Biden takes office you won't have any guns to shoot or bullets to load.

• What's the problem... no one will be hurt if they aren't looting. It's like blaming the police for injuries or death resulting while assaulting them and resisting arrest... Stop resisting arrest, don't assault the police, and don't loot... and everything should be ok.  Don't loot and no one will shoot..

• But this is because of the communist media. ANOTHER BLACK MAN WAS SHOT AND KILLED BY EVIL RASIST COPS TODAY THAT WAS TAKING CANNED FOOD TO AN ORPHANAGE. They spin the truth that there was no orphanage and he had just robbed at gun point a convenience store and shot at the cops trying to arrest him. Trump is correct in saying that the media is the enemy to the American people.

• Ron, very well put!!!!!

• War is hell and my command engaged it with honor and in accordance with the various international conventions on war... US commanders do not control the actions of the enemy nor the use of non-uniformed combatants (VC).  When operating outside the wire our units required greater security and awareness at all times. I was with the 101st Div and 1st Cav during my two tours, both commands had standing orders not to frequent local bars or to engage in gatherings outside of the firebase with local civilians...  fraternization with locals was discouraged in my units, thus keeping our troops' exposure to potential attacks by civilians to a minimum.

I never observed a child passing a hand grenade to a soldier... I heard of children throwing them or dropping them and running away... but those were very rare incidents... as it was our policy to keep civilians at a distance and away from our maneuver formations... not always possible.  I will chalk up your disparaging comments about my experience to ignorance. May you have a great day.

• would this also allow those who are operating a vehicle to proceed omward if the road is illegally blocked by protesters

• It is legal if you wear your BLM hat and fly an ISIS flag on your bumper...  Bonus points for hitting women, children, and Police Officers.... double points for hitting them in a crosswalk and triple points for hitting them and then backing over them several times.  Free McDonald's Happy Meal with large drink and fires for hitting the blind, disabled, and elderly.

This reply was deleted.