ADMIN

LF: How to Stop the Rioters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, Denise Georges, who has worked with Stand Your Ground cases told the Miami publication. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

read more:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's legal if they aren't in a crosswalk. Or...........IF YOU'RE A FREEDOM FIGHTER!!

• the blame of this lies on politicians who won't allow those who engage in things like looting and arson to be prosecuted and these same out of touch elected officials are never around to help out those who have lost someonew who was attacked by so called protesters or whose business was burned down 

• That is exactley why we have the second. When they refuse to protect us from it we have a right and DUTY to DO IT OURSELVES!!

You know damn well with Biden,the roving hordes of Democrat BROWN SHIRTS will have carte blanche to do whtaever the hell they want to us.

• it is interesting to say the least

• I figured that this was going to happen sooner or later.  I think maybe Texas will be behind Florida with a similar law.  Since the "Defund the Police" cry came out we have NO CHOICE than to defend ourselves if the police are not around to protect us.  We also need to get rid of the crooked lawers!

• The problem here is the wrong people are being shot... it should be, shoot the Prosecutors, Judges, and Politicians who created the restrictive gun laws and gun-free zones that should solve the problem.

• I was being facetious ... suggesting that the problem wasn't the criminals but those who established a system that creates a social order that condones criminal conduct.  I was suggesting that we need to remove the current class of politicians, and lawyers, managing the courts and legal system.  Shooting criminals will only create more crime as the idiot's friends and neighbors attack the police and the public for their criminal conduct. 

• Be calm George ... I get your anger and frustration. "Nigger" and your other inflammatory language will destroy this TPO ... it will play directly into the hands of our enemies ... it will enable them to dismiss us as "crazies". TPO is a critically important platform with all the ambiguities in the aftermath of our election ... please don't destroy our credibility.

Thanks for listening George

• WOW! George, you don't know me from Adam. But if you have something of help and value to offer to what I assume you believe is a good cause, why jeopardize the chance to be a part of it by getting put out by the Moderators. They are around man and will take care of this sites safety. Maybe you haven't noticed, but any and everyone in the World who values their civil liberties and lives are up to their eyeballs in brown turdwash. Why not be a benefit instead of thrashing around like something demanding attention. We all get it and feel it!

• Michael, AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN.  He sounds like a foul mouthed ignorant liberal the way he trash talks.

This reply was deleted.