ADMIN

LF: How to Stop the Rioters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, Denise Georges, who has worked with Stand Your Ground cases told the Miami publication. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

read more:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In two Viet Nam tours with 6 silver campaign stars, engagements in the Ia Drang, Khe Sanh,   A Shâu valley, Qua Viet, Laos, and Cambodia... I never once saw my troops engage in a mass shooting of unarmed civilians, like the My Lai massacre.  In fact, I saw great compassion given to the women and children caught in the horror of combat. I observed US Soldiers risk their lives to provide medical aid to injured civilians. I heard about drug problems but did not have any in my units... I heard rumors about wild parties and drug use but never observed any.  In fact, that sort of conduct was rare and found in the worst of our units, and resulted, in the major part, from poor leadership and the failure of command to discipline problem soldier properly and swiftly.  Poor morale, high casualties, lack of discipline, and respect for leadership in high-stress combat are almost always the result of serious failures in command. 

• I was commissioned a 2nd Lt in 1966 ... I am old enough to remember when honor and fidelity were expected of leaders.   I also remember the days when one could leave their home unlocked and our children could play in the streets without fear of being kidnapped, assaulted, or run over.  I recall a time when a handshake and one's word was enough to cement a deal and when neighbors knew each other... a nation proud of its heritage and government... 

• The media would call you a racist Ron.

• AMEN RONALD, A HAND SHAKE WAS A MANS HONOR AND GOOD NAME. NOW NEITHER A HAND SHAKE OR A WRITTEN CONTRACT MEAN ANYTHING..

• It has always been my contention that if you want to stop rioting, illegally crossing the border, or any act of violence,  if you shoot a few of the perpetrators that will stop the illegal activity; or at least slow it down. 

• Wrong... we are not dealing with committed individuals we are dealing with cowards and criminals whose entire life has been based on doing as little as possible to survive... shoot a few of these and they will find a new place to rob and loot... too, burn and rape.  Shoot enough of them and they will leave the country or finally decide working for a living is better than taking a bullet while attempting to take another's property or life.

Our forefathers had no problem with administering summary judgment and capital punishment to the horse thief or cattle thieves... as a result, there was a respect for others' property and lawlessness was rare and where it surfaced it was quickly and summarily dispatched with a 45 long colt.  Our nation's current culture of crime has grown out of a permissive and even protective attitude toward criminals... blaming society for most of the criminal conduct... clearly doesn't work and is why we are experiencing such high rates of disrespect for law and order... and AUTHORITY FIGURES EVERYWHERE. 

We need to return to summary judgments for criminal conduct.. and personal defense doctrines that permit deadly force... a proven deterrent to repetitive criminal behavior.

• Amen to that Ron

• The leftist rouges in the street ... the BLM and Antifa thug is not committed... and they are cowards, who when challenged retreat.  The VC and NVA were a different breed, they at least had the conviction of their beliefs and were battle-hardened veterans of several centuries of combat.... resilient little *astards.

• You... in so many words describe the Viet Nam experience... (see we lost that war due to Congress and the People's weariness at fighting a never-ending stream of committed VC and NVA... albeit, we never lost a major battle.  One may never win a war where the enemy's home may not be invaded... he will simply wage a war of attrition and over time the foreign power will grow tired of sending its youth and treasure only to find it is never enough.

Here are those words... "

Wrong. You should know from your many heroics in country that "committed indivuals" were not "cowards and criminals"....."shoot a few of these" and they will send a few more, and a few more, and a few more, you cannot "shoot enough of them" taking a bullet is nothing to some people and those people finally decide that YOU leave the country."

George (Tom) Hopper
      Tea Party Command Center is a social network
    • Does this wisdom also apply to shooting ALL DEMOCRATS who are engaged in staging a coup against a sitting President?  :o)

This reply was deleted.