ADMIN

LF: How to Stop the Rioters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, Denise Georges, who has worked with Stand Your Ground cases told the Miami publication. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

read more:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Herbert, I agree but that wasn't what I meant.  I meant if someone "thought" they might be on the way  or coming from a riot is not enough, at least for me, to shoot someone.  If they are in the middle of it whether actively helping or not they are guilty and I wouldn't hesitate to drop them.  If someone is leaving a looting site with a flatscreen tv or any other loot they are fair game.  I don't have a problem shooting those guilty but personnally don't want to spill innocent blood because of a perception that may be wrong.  I will answer to God for that life if I take it in error.  I am a combat veteran and don't have any qualms about taking out evil people .  If they come to my neighborhood, which they won't, I will do whatever needs to be done with no regrets or hesitation.  Thanks for giving me a chance to clarify.  

• Any other Governers going to let us defend ourselves from the Democrats roaming hordes of BROWN SHIRTS?  Bull Shit they didn't steal the election!

Ebstein wasn't murdered either,right?...........Bull Shit to that too!!!

• Phil, I live in Oklahoma and we have "castle doctrine" laws in effect that give us the legislative protection for defending ourselves.

• "Allow"?? We already have that right.

• You're correct, but they will charge you with murder unless you are a cop... then you get a vacation with pay.

• I remember hearing that in the WATTS riots in LA, CA that the Korean shop owners stood on the roof with guns and their business was not looted. I bet if store owners show their guns during a riot, they won't even have to shoot (unless it is an ANTFA rioter)

• Those are photos of the L.A. riots. I remeber that and was cheering them on. Their stores they were protecting were still standing when it was over. 

• Well, if the police can't/won't do their job?

• Trump turned Florida deep red. The snowflakes won't dare to even speak up in Florida anymore, neither should they. It is best if we muzzle the demonrats totally in Florida and everywhere in the US.

• Good time for citizens it's time to defend yourself and let us defend our constitution especially the second amendment 

This reply was deleted.