ADMIN

Senator Dianne Feinstein Has ZERO Credibility |

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) called on the Senate on Thursday to support an amendment to the next coronavirus relief bill that would bar states that do not implement mask mandates from receiving stimulus funding.

In a statement from the senator's office, Feinstein announced her intention to introduce the amendment and stated that it was time for Congress to step in and force states to implement such mandates to stop the virus from spreading.

“Wearing masks in public should be mandatory. Period. [Senate Majority] Leader [Mitch] McConnell [R-Ky.] said the Senate will take up the next coronavirus economic relief bill later this month. At that time, I intend to offer an amendment to prohibit sending funds to states that haven’t adopted a statewide mask requirement," said Feinstein, a member of the Senate Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration.

read more:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/507760-feinstein-proposes-withholding-covid-19-relief-from-states-without-mask

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Agree!  Have you noticed how many private sector workers aren't getting paychecks while not one government worker is going unpaid, and that's whether they go to work or not?

• I say, "bar failed states from receiving stimulus funding like Feinstein's failed California". These commie states destroy their economies, mess up their budgets, and then they come crying for government handouts.

• Michigan will not receive any fed funds to help rebuild the cities.. "Uncle" Don said "NO"!!

• I dont want another stimulus, didn't need the first one. Another stimulus just prolongs getting people back to work. Raises the Federal deficit which I am sure will be brought up at election time.

I like the way she says "force States to implement". Can you say One World Order....Glad I live in Iowa with a steadfast Republican Governor..

I believe if the States don't send their kids go back to school they should not receive any Federal Education money.  There take that Diane....and to be clear that's the People's Republic of California..

• Agree wholeheartedly!  The only way to stop these authoritarian idiots is to cut off their access to spending money that we don't have.  It appears that the only way to accomplish this is a Convention of States amendment to the Constitution for a mandatory balanced budget and perhaps even a severe restriction on the ability of the private bankers at the Federal Reserve from creating new money out of thin air. Michigan has just signed on to the COS and we need more states to do the same.  The founders wisely inserted a safety provision into Article 5 of the Constitution that the people can and should use to reign in an out of control central government.

• A simple constitutional amendment would do that. We do not need an Art. V. We cannot trust anyone behind closed doors to amend the consittution, I don't care what Levin says. 

• Do you honestly believe that a constitutional amendment through the congressional process would be either "simple" or that the Congress would willingly vote to restrict its own power?  That is why the founders put the Article 5 convention of states in the Constitution in the first place, as they knew that a powerful federal government would never willingly relinquish that power.  And a convention of states would not be behind closed doors, but instead would by definition be monitored by the state legislatures themselves who are more answerable to their local constituents.

• It's the 10th amendment

• It is "simple" as it covers only one topic. An Art. V. opens the doors for multiple changes to the Constitution. The regular amendment process is in the open. Art. V. is not, and it is Congress that sets the agenda, over which we will see nothing until the thing is over. There are multiple other constitutions waiting in the wings for us to become weak-kneed and fall for this trap. Who calls the Art. V.? Congress. Who sets the rules? Not us.

Is your state legislature or has it been answerable to you during SARS-CoVid?

Ohio has not. DeWine broke the law and is therefore acting illegally. He wrote an "order" when the Ohio Consittution clearly states that any emergency requires legislation to be passed. He has bypassed the legislature completely. He listens to fake numbers and news. He has bound and gagged us, shut us down, violating every right I have. 

And as for Art. V., read Publius Huldah's document, or JBS' analysis.

https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/article-v/

https://www.jbs.org/convention-of-states/

Article V
      The Development of Article V, U.S. Constitution, at the Federal Convention of 1787 By Publius Huldah Hyperlinks to Madison’s Journal of the Federal C…
  • I do not really like the symbolism of withholding money from states for their stupid management as it affects all the people, but, if sheriffs actually knew their true authority, they could arrest these morons for endangering the entire state and terrorizing the citizens. I think targeting exactly who deserves to be targeted is ideal. Let the people see judgement and justice in principle and in enforcement. 

This reply was deleted.