ADMIN

Alfred E. Neuman for President! - Imgflip

The federal government will let teens drive transports throughout the nation in a move it hopes will alleviate the supply chain crisis - but the initiative is being panned by critics who fear it could lead to disaster.

The new apprenticeship program deviates from current law - which requires truckers crossing state lines to be at least 21 years old - by allowing 18- to 20-year-old drivers to travel beyond their home states.

The push to change the law comes as the industry faces an exodus of 600,000 retiring truckers by 2028, and the Transportation Department estimated last October that 80,000 new hires were needed this year to offset attrition and clear a backed-up supply chain.   

The pilot program, detailed last week in a proposed regulation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, would screen the teens and bar any with driving-while-impaired violations or traffic tickets for causing a crash.

But safety advocates say the program runs counter to data showing that younger drivers get in more crashes than older ones. 

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10416127/Feds-allow-TEENAGERS-drive-big-rigs-state-state-apprenticeship-test-program.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it is not possible to keep up with everything that is being said and done without spending our entire day here pounding the keyboard and posting. The good thing here is that we all want to know the truth, and so,  we learn from each other. 

As far as Pence and Barr, they both had that warm grandfather persona that likely most of us, including Trump fell for. Then the snakes bit Trump and us right where it hurt the most. Traitors both, skilled at performance and style. 

• My feeling about Judas Pence was that he was nothing but a robot who stood /]stands for nothing. I wrote Trump and told him exactly what I thought of Pence (I wrote him a lot, probably around 25-30x.

• Trump supporters are far from narrow minded, or opinion driven, they are driven by a unlimited love of our republic, willing to support and stand with one who is willing to do the job of taking it back for the people.Trump is the ONLY non politician who stepped up for that task in over a 100 years! People are not stupid, their gut isn't wrong, the same thing happened when the likes of Washington stood up to lead. They too had their failures, their trials, their difficulties, their times when they thought it was over....they failed.......but in the end with the support about of 2% they gave you a republic, they won the fight against the greatest power of that time!

You are very good at name calling and demeaning everyone who isn't in your camp, doesn't agree with your opinion, which makes me ask why are you here? I asked you this before because you just  can't help yourself, you must at every chance cut Trump, try to demean him, refuse to credit him with anything, and always pointing out where he failed. You go after his supporters as well in a very ungentlemanly manner, criticizing people, analyzing their mental faculties, calling them names,

While most of those you call narrow minded opinion driven try to have a conversation, you continue to throw in your negatives. RUN FOR PRESIDENT if you think as a non politician you could do so much better, you'd be so much more focused, so much more affective. Trump supporters are the majority in this country and growing,  they are the real Americans who still have the spirit of the founders! Trump fueled that flame in their hearts! When they elected Trump they were fighting a revolution against the enemies within, they finally found a leader who was willing to stand against all that has been taking us down for a hundred years, and you sit there just short of calling them deplorables!

• I so agree. Ilona.

• I'm just tired of the negativity toward the ONLY man who stepped up, didn't want money or fame (he already had it all) somone for who moving into the WH was a step down. He lost a ton of money in his businesses while serving, and some simply will not see the effort and sacrifice he made. We need to remember no one is 100%, even the best of the best have their difficulties and failures.

I'm sure the troops freezing, hungry, beat down were looking at Washington with some doubt, wondering if it was a smart move to join him while at Valley Forge in the snow....shoeless, without supplies......and they didn't even know what they were fighting for! They had no idea if they will fail and all get executed, get another king that may not be better than George, or if something else they couldn't even imagine what that could be. At least we know we are fighting to save the republic.

Everyone is complaining we don't have a leader! Trump more than anyone in the last 100 years was a leader, he asked the people, he listened to us, he heard our voices. We need to get behind one person and support him, I'm not seeing anyone who measures up to Trump in willingness, effectiveness, energy, drive, and patriotism. He is the only president in recent history who walked away poorer than he was entering into the WH. I could complain, find fault with the man, I surely didn't vote for his personality and fine ability to give an elegant speech, rather for his affectiveness. 

• The Martial Law declared in the Boston Bomber incident was STATE LEVEL... it was not a federal order. Strangely enough, the abuses I know of were promulgated by the local POLICE, not the National Guard.

Blackjack Pershing's incursion along Mexico's border in pursuit of the Mexican bandit Poncho Via was conducted under martial law...  The Bonus Army eviction from their camp in Washington, DC was conducted under Martial Law.  Martial law was invoked on several occasions during the civil rights movement and as late as the Watts riots in California. Several, modern-era hurricanes saw martial law invoked... The use of Martial Law in the US is quite extensive and has never resulted in a military coup.

• I agree, Trump either froze or was so isolated and threatened that he felt powerless... He needed better counsel and he certainly failed to manage his staff. 

Great Commanders are often great because they have competent staff able to act when the boss is silent or absent... Trump's front-line staff failed him and the People.  They needed to step forward to plug the leak in the dike before it broke... no Hans on deck here.

• " Trump's front-line staff failed him and the People." It happened many times in many situations with other presidents as well.
      No president chooses everyone who advises him, there are lifers in DC who work for many presidents, lifers in the military who don't agree with every administration. Trump was misled a number of times, bad advise on who to hire for positions by those who wanted him to fail. The coup against him was there the entire time, and it came from all angles.
      Remember the WMDs missing during the Bush attack on Iraq? For some odd reason they had him wait a month before he attacked, I remember people talking about what the hell is he waiting for? During that time I personally saw a convoy of hundreds of military vehicles as they were moving west toward the border into Syria. I don't recall the source, probably European, but they were filming from the air as this massive exodus took place, it went on for at least a week if not more. Then we were told there were no WMDs, I would love to know what went on behind closed doors, Bush was a seasoned politician and they still got him. 

• Was the military in DC for 1/6 Martial Law?

many countries have their military guard their borders......I see no problem with that. I think we should have the military on our borders, that would put an end to this back and forth between administrations.

• Wrong...

Martial Law comes in many shapes and forms...' limited martial law' is the primary type invoked in the US... limits on the military's jurisdiction, police powers, and levels of deadly force are authorized in the Operations Order initiating Marital Law.   

Most of the time local government is permitted to exercise normal police powers over its local citizens with the exception that when a conflict of jurisdiction arises the local authority must defer to the Military.  Rarely is there a total lockdown... more frequently there are curfews that permit essential businesses and services to be supported and open... hospitals, clinics, grocery, pharmacy, fire, police, utilities, communications, etc.

This reply was deleted.