ADMIN

FBI's top lawyer, Dana Boente, ousted

FBI's top lawyer resigns as agency faces pressure from President ...

After a 38-year career with the Justice Department, the FBI's top lawyer Dana Boente was asked to resign on Friday. Two sources familiar with the decision to dismiss Boente said it came from high levels of the Justice Department rather than directly from FBI Director Christopher Wray.

His departure comes on the heels of recent criticism by Fox News for his role in the investigation of former Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.

A spokesman for the FBI confirmed to NBC News that Boente did in fact resign on Friday.

Fox News has recently criticized Boente's role in the investigation of Flynn, whose criminal charge for lying to the FBI was recently dropped by the Justice Department based in part on the argument that his lies were not material to an underlying investigation.

read more:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/fbi-s-top-lawyer-dana-boente-ousted-amid-fox-news-n1219721

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BULLYING...  once again... the kettle is calling the pot black.  The only bullying I have observed is your effort to discredit Dee nd others... why don't you follow the rules and stop attacking individuals and start posting informative and pertinent content.  Be a positive force for engagement... not a bully.

• Which is it Ronny?   You're talking out of both sides of your mouth....AGAIN.  You say "Your posts are appreciated, informative, and stand in testimony to your fine mind and ability to write", and then say start posting informative and pertinent content.  WHICH IS IT?   I haven't tried to discredit anyone except you and Dee.  The fact is she DELETED my article and reposted as her's.  That's self-explanatory.  Not that she posted it IN ADDITION TO, and may have duplicated it, but went to the extra effort to actually DELETE my article.....so, how is she providiing a platform for people to send out their messages if she deletes them?

I always loved the way you could find a way to be on both sides of the street at the same time.  BTW...it's NOT bullying to just state the facts.  Get over yourself Ronny, you're NOT the end all.  Used to be she'd send out 2 or 3 artticles posted by others along with her own.  Of the numerous that I've posted in the past month, she's only sent one of mine, and a couple of other's.  Between her and Melonie, if they were REALLY interested in sharing the platform, there would be more than that sent out...  

See?  I told you, you did NOT want me back on this site.  Believe me now?

• The Majority of your posts are appreciated... with a few exceptions. Posts that focus on and engage in personal attacks, insults, and spread strife are not appreciated. Your participation is appreciated when it is on topic "informative and contains pertinent content" Ad Hominem attacks are neither informative, pertinent, or appreciated.

Let me suggest that when you believe you have been harmed or insulted that you take it directly to Dee... via the EMAIL app available on this site. Try to resolve your personal problems without insulting others or attacking the Administration of this site. We all have moments that we regret and make mistakes... those of us who understand the human condition seek to make peace and to avoid open strife especially with those who are in authority... its called RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY and it is GIVEN not earned.... We are to give respect to leadership and authority not... too insult them or denigrate them in public.

I, don't understand your complaint... is it personal empowerment and glory you want or is it having a platform that permits broad liberty to post almost anything of concern without having it censored. I don't know what happened to create this particular problem, but the information you wanted to be posted, was aired on the site... However,it appears you feel insulted for not being credited... in my opinion that is petty and petulant... you are capable of much better.

• " I don't know what happened to create this particular problem"

That's right...you DON'T know what goes on behind the scenes....stop pretending that you do!  I have NO REASON to give respect to someone who so blatantly has abused her moderators like she has, and you don't know a damn thing about it.  STHU   I supposed we should respect Nancy Pelosi too?  ....with your "respect for authority" bs?  Just leave it alone since you don't know ANY of the facts behind the site.

• I don't give a shit what  you didn't appreciate.  There's a whole nother side to Dee that you don't know SQUAT about.

• P/S  We certainly should respect Speaker Pelosi's office... and conduct ourselves with dignity and honor when calling her conduct into question.  It serves no one to inflame the debate with ad hominem attacks and angry rhetoric designed only to incite more of the same. 

• Frankly, it was you who took your complaint public... providing the facts as you alone saw them... I for one didn't appreciate your petulant, and childish attacks on Dee... If one can't abide management's position on the issues or avoid Ad Hominem attacks on others, they should consider posting elsewhere. Those who seek to sully the reputation of others or to bully those posting here, need to moderate their conduct or expect to be called out for their bad behavior... There are many here who care about maintaining reasoned public discourse...without personal attacks.

This reply was deleted.