ADMIN

FBI Raids Chinese Point-of-Sale Giant PAX Technology

CHINA - Donald Trump Hates China | Meme Generator

U.S. federal investigators today raided the Florida offices of PAX Technology, a Chinese provider of point-of-sale devices used by millions of businesses and retailers globally. KrebsOnSecurity has learned the raid is tied to reports that PAX’s systems may have been involved in cyberattacks on U.S. and E.U. organizations.

Headquartered in Shenzhen, China, PAX Technology Inc. has more than 60 million point-of-sale terminals in use throughout 120 countries. Earlier today, Jacksonville, Fla. based WOKV.com reported that agents with the FBI and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) had raided a local PAX Technology warehouse.

In an official statement, investigators told WOKV only that they were executing a court-authorized search at the warehouse as a part of a federal investigation, and that the inquiry included the Department of Customs and Border Protection and the Naval Criminal Investigative Services (NCIS). The FBI has not responded to requests for comment.

Several days ago, KrebsOnSecurity heard from a trusted source that the FBI began investigating PAX after a major U.S. payment processor started asking questions about unusual network packets originating from the company’s payment terminals.

According to that source, the payment processor found that the PAX terminals were being used both as a malware “dropper” — a repository for malicious files — and as “command-and-control” locations for staging attacks and collecting information.

read more:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/10/fbi-raids-chinese-point-of-sale-giant-pax-technology/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• First Rule of Survival as a Nation, "Never, Ever, Trust Your Government!" You are the Citizens. You own the Country. The Government works for you as Servants and No One Ever Trust the Servants to be Left Alone with One's Personal Property! The Servants are not and can never be your friends, as you are their Employer!

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Good idea Martha!

Lynn

• I think it is time to shut down any company that works with China in this country.  That not only includes companies like PAX Technology but also the sports leagues.  I would miss football, but as long as they support China or Chinese companies - I say enough is enough.  Shut them down!  Oh and send the atheletes that have contracts with Chinese companies over to China without their passports so they cannot return.

• That would be nice!

• I said that Nixon's sell-out to China would damage, if not destroy the country when he did it.

• The question before us is this, "Either we as a Nation are Intelligent, Creative and Capable enough to Create and Supply Our Needs, or We are Not?" If "Yes", then whatever is created cannot be destroyed. If " No", then We are already gone.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Margret Thatcher said, "Sochalism works untill you run out of other peoples money"

I say Communism works as long as you can steel from other countries and people through trade to pay for they're goverment.

The CCP is in a cold war with the world in trade. TRUMP stoped that. He had to go. The CCP owns Dominion Voting machines and softwear. They  elected biden. They pay him and the press.

The Dominion Voting Machines and Softwear hooks up to the internet with WIFI.    

This reply was deleted.