ADMIN

8955584269?profile=RESIZE_710xThe attorney representing the family of Ashli Babbitt, the woman shot and killed by U.S. Capitol Police during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, plans to sue the agency for more than $10 million and has already put officials on notice, demanding accountability for the slain Air Force veteran.

“Right now, we have no accountability — zero accountability — they give no explanation to justify the shooting and they do not even identify the officer. That is what they do in autocratic countries, not in the United States,” said Terrell N. Roberts III, a Maryland-based attorney.

Mr. Roberts takes issue with those members of Congress who oversee the Capitol Police but who have not demanded transparency when it comes to the Jan. 6 shooting.

“If we call ourselves a free people, you would think that Congress would be the first to demand transparency of its own police agency but you don’t hear that.”

Rep. Paul Gosar, Arizona Republican, demanded to know who “executed” Babbitt during a hearing earlier this month with former Trump administration officials probing the events of Jan. 6.

read more here: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/20/family-ashli-babbitt-lawsuit-capitol-police/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Since the very first time I saw the video, it seemed pretty plain that the hand holding the weapon was black.

• Our congress is so corrupt, they flat out don't care about anything except more power

• Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

• I have heard from several talk show hosts that he was black and a BLM sympathizer. They gave his name but no way I could say it. sounds middle eastern.

• Rep. Paul Gosar is exactly right when he describes the actions of this unidentified Capital Police Officer,  a murderous individual.  He executed Ashli Babbitt, plain and simple.  He needs to be identified, indicted, tried , and executed for 1st degree murder.  Anything else will be unacceptable.

This reply was deleted.