ADMIN

9881266686?profile=RESIZE_584x

The Supreme Court might uphold Mississippi’s abortion law, and the pro-abortion left is all in a tizzy over it. In fact, some have suggested that if the government does not make it easier for babies to be killed, a revolution might ensue. But if the highest court in the land does allow this law to stand, how might the decision impact the upcoming midterm elections?

The New York Times reported:

The Supreme Court seemed poised on Wednesday to uphold a Mississippi law that bans abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, in what would be a momentous and polarizing decision to roll back the abortion rights the court has defined over the last half century.

The author echoed arguments made by Supreme Court justices who favor the legality of abortion, noting that “[m]oving that line to 15 weeks would discard decades of precedent,” and that “several of the conservative justices appeared ready to go further and overrule Roe entirely, letting states decide whether and when to ban abortions.”

Justice Brett Kavanaugh indicated he might support upholding the Mississippi law when he asked an attorney representing Mississippi:

“In other words, that the Constitution is neither pro-life nor pro-choice on the question of abortion but leaves the issue for the people of the states or perhaps Congress to resolve in the democratic process?”

Justice Sonia Sotomayor argued that upholding it would constitute an existential threat to the validity of the Supreme Court. “Will this institution survive the stench that this creates in the public perception that the Constitution and its reading are just political acts?” she asked.

With no sense of irony, she also asked how the court would survive if people believe it has become politicized.

At this point, it seems probable that the court will allow Mississippi’s law to remain intact, although a complete repudiation of Roe v. Wade still seems less likely. But even so, if the court rules for the law, it could have tremendous ramifications on the upcoming midterm elections. Indeed, it appears Democrats already recognize that if the law remains, it will give them a line of attack against Republicans during the campaign.

CNN reported:

Democrats now are banking on a backlash fueled in large part by voters who back abortion rights, or are at least passively support a right to choose, but had not considered it a top issue in recent years due to the protections granted by Roe v. Wade.

Jazmin Vargas, spokeswoman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee told the activist media outlet, “[w]e must defend a Democratic Senate majority with a power to confirm or reject Supreme Court Justices.”

read more here: https://redstate.com/jeffc/2021/12/04/heres-what-the-supreme-courts-abortion-decision-could-mean-for-the-midterms-n486610

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My late & much loved by me mother-in-law was past 40 when she suffered a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) & lost what would have been her sixth child.

The growing child was not advanced enough to be viable & perished. She never got completely over the loss & it was on her mind even as she her husband raised the other five kids.

My in-laws were ordinary people, not hyper-partisan zealots for either side. Yet, they understood that all human life is sacred, especially that of the most defenseless & vulnerable among us.

I don't understand how any woman can carelessly, crassly throw away a new life & not regret it at some point.

I recently saw a video of some women bragging about having had one or more abortions...me thinks they do protest too much because they know deep inside that murder is wrong -- and no other name can be applied to abortion but murder.

A century ago abortion was the most common form of birth control because there were few, if any options; especially for poor couples. The reasoning at the time was if you can't feed, clothe & house a child it's cruel to subject the child to such a life. And in those days, adoption was rare.

But all of those reasons (excuses) have been overcome so that today few, if any Americans, are actually hungry ... The homeless are without a residence most often by choice...and those who don't want to be homeless generally don't stay homeless for long.

There is no moral argument that can be made for abortion.

• Jim, AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN!!!!!

• Great answer

• You are correct! 

This reply was deleted.