ADMIN

8583891091?profile=RESIZE_710x

Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA) declared Sunday on CNN’s “Inside Politics” that we should not want “low-wage businesses” when pressed on small businesses who would struggle under a federal mandate to pay employees $15 an hour.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicted raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2025 would cost 1.4 million Americans their jobs over the next four years.

Anchor Abby Phillip said, “I know that you feel very strongly like many progressives about the minimum wage issue. Right now, at the same time, businesses, both large and small, are struggling in this pandemic economy, more than 9 million jobs have been lost in the last year, and they still aren’t back, and the problem is particularly acute in industries like retail and foodservice, which are more likely to pay minimum wage. I think the question that a lot of Republicans are posing and perhaps some moderate Democrats is timing. Is now the right time to increase it to $15? I should say the bill has stages, of course, but immediately it would go up about 30% right now. Is now the right time to do that?”

Khanna said, “Abby, it’s absolutely the right time to give working Americans a raise. Let’s look at the facts. Amazon raised their wage to $15 nationally, not regionally. They have more jobs today. It didn’t hurt job creation or business. Target followed. They also did it nationally, more jobs.”

read more here: https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/21/dem-rep-khanna-we-dont-want-small-businesses-that-cant-afford-15-minimum-wage/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nothing new coming out of a libs mouth there. NOTHING!..........Once in a while the left slips and tells the truth. And NOW what?.........They just stole our country on us!  Bye Bye Bill of Rights!!!

• When a rapist attacks your wife, your life is not over. You deal with it.

• We don't want representatives who do not know how to use their brains!

• "Dem Rep. Khanna: ‘We Don’t Want’ Small Businesses That Can’t Afford $15 Minimum Wage"

Hey, thats wild. I don't want know-it-all despots choosing how to live my life for me and everyone elses too.

Who knew?

• This guy obviously has never had anything to do with small business.  He is just a lying Democrat.  Further like all Democrats - he knows nothing about economics.  My mother, who did not work outside the home until I was in 7th grade, who had nothing buy a High School Education, but handled the family's finances, knew more about economics than these alledgedly highly educated Democrats do.

• Sorry... I only buy when I think the price is fair.

• You can tell this democrat does not have a clue about what she is talking about.  Probably has never had to meet a payroll or deal with the employers taxes that they have to pay per employee.  It is hard to believe educated people can be so stupid.  

• Ro Khanna (D-CA) has obviously never run a business or worked in a capacity that required an operating budget that she was responsible for. She is treating government like a monopoly game...you know, make believe.

• I am beginning to think some of you are just parrots on these subject. This one in particular has two comments indicating that they think this person, Ro Khanna from CA is a woman. I.E. Has the wicked witch ever had a working job??  POS.

NO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but she was "MISS OILCAN" in Modesto, CA. back in 1960..

Do some research before you make yourselves look and sound like idiots. Representative Rohit Khanna, D-CA 17th Dist. is a man...

• Oh, the ignorance. How do these people get elected?

This reply was deleted.