ADMIN

House Majority Whip James Clyburn said he will propose to make the “Black National Anthem” the official US hymn in an effort to “bring the country together.”
Clyburn plans to introduce a measure as early as this week that would make “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” known as the Black national anthem, the national hymn.

“To make it a national hymn, I think, would be an act of bringing the country together. It would say to people, ‘You aren’t singing a separate national anthem, you are singing the country’s national hymn,’” said Clyburn, the highest-ranking Black American in Congress. “The gesture itself would be an act of healing. Everybody can identify with that song.”

read more:

https://100percentfedup.com/dem-whip-james-clyburn-proposes-making-black-national-anthem-official-us-national-hymn-to-bring-the-country-together/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll be taking a knee

• "HATE" always Divide's and Democrats know how to do that well-!!! The Democrats STICK TOGETHER, right or wrong-!!! COME ON Republicans- STAND TOGHTER OR GET VOTED OUT-!!! 75+million STRONG-!!!

• TYRANT!

• One hundred dollars says I WILL NOT STAND for the black national anthem and it's nothing to do with Black Folks.  We ain't seen NOTHING YET!!

• Sorry, in the unestimable words of chy na joe,  "WE AIN'T BLACK"

This reply was deleted.