ADMIN

DC mayor calls in National Guard for protests

Trump supporters march in Washington to support his false election claims –  SabKa Tv

Washington, D.C.’s mayor urged calm Monday as some 340 National Guard troops were being activated while the city prepared for potentially violent protests surrounding Congress’ expected vote to affirm President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

According to a U.S. defense official, Mayor Muriel Bowser put in a request on New Year’s Eve to have Guard members on the streets from Jan. 5-7th, to help with the protests. The official said the D.C. National Guard members will be used for traffic control and other assistance but they will not be armed or wearing body armor. Congress is meeting this week to certify the Electoral College results, and President Donald Trump has refused to concede while whipping up support for protests.

During a press conference on Monday, Bowser asked that people stay away from downtown D.C., and avoid confrontations with anyone who is “looking for a fight.” But, she warned, “we will not allow people to incite violence, intimidate our residents or cause destruction in our city.”

read more:

https://www.wistv.com/2021/01/04/urging-calm-dc-mayor-calls-national-guard-protests/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes to Donna Brazille!

• Do you know how many of friends on D.C. Metropolitan Police have female dogs named Muriel or Elizabeth  Bowser or Donna. Just saying!

• Stop saying Sleazy Joe is "President Elect." We all know he lost - BIG TIME!

• Do you have any possible idea of the number of political jokes I know about former Vice President Joseph Robinette “Joe” Biden? 

• No, I don't; please enlighten me.

• There are just so many my favorite is  

I am a very nasty seventy-three year old retired federal law enforcement officer from Pennsylvania how some ever do not mistake age for senility I still remember seeing and hearing and seeing with my own eyes and ears former Vice President Joseph Robinette “Joe” Biden bragging about committing a crime on television to wit having a Ukrainian investigative prosecutor who was investigating the extremely corrupt Burisma Holdings Limited is a holding company for a group of energy exploration and production companies. What would be even funnier would be seeing the currant Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Christopher Asher Wray wearing metaphorical sackcloth and ashes and pounding his chest and chanting “I screwed up! I screwed up! I really screwed up!” Then there is "Quite honestly, I do believe that he does not remember the 1998 rape of Tara Reade his former staffer because creepy old uncle Joe put the “dem” in dementia." One of my wonderful fans accrding to my beautiful wife one of me awarded me a facebook oscar for that one. I am no longer on facebook becase of food jokes. One had Johnny Cash with a burning ring of fire and the other had a blue construction site "PortaPota" that had a melted  rear on it  and each I wrote "I warned you my chilli was hot!" Facebook must have had me on triple secret probation because they banned me for them. I then informed FaceBook that I was to be permantly removed from their site both in writting and with a telephone call to their corporate headqurters. Facebook make all their money by the number of subscibers it has so they keep you as a member even after you inform them that you wish to be removed.

This reply was deleted.