ADMIN

Thomas Jefferson quote: Does the government fear us? Or do ...

Washington, DC National Guard members have received a notice to be prepared to assist local law enforcement ahead of a potential trucker convoy headed to the nation’s capital, according to two sources.

The notice, obtained by Breitbart News, stated that the D.C. National Guard Land Component Command will be “encamped” beginning February 22 “for forthcoming ‘Trucker protest.'” One source explained that the term “encamp” is similar to “occupy an area.”

According to the notice, the National Guard will encamp through Monday, March 7. The notice stated that soldiers were already on standby to support the State of the Union address, which is scheduled for March 1.

A separate notice stated that the encampment could last longer than March 7, and would be in support of the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD).

The notices, sent Friday, indicated the mission has not yet been formally approved by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin.

read more:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/19/exclusive-d-c-national-guard-members-told-be-ready-ahead-potential-truck-convoy/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree with everything you said, whether we are people of no authority, or not, doesn't matter; it's our voice and our votes that count.

• A generator with gas supply or a wood burning stove or fireplace.......otherwise if your electricity is out good luck with the electric blankets. It is more likely to lose electricity before gas!

• So sorry to hear about loss of heat!!  In the dead of winter, that is bad AND can be dangerous, hope you at least had a fireplace??  I live in the south, but have aclimated to the temperatures here, so it we did not have heat, it would be the end of me. If it gets down to 50 degrees outside, I am definitely chilled.

• Who would think FREON would even have anything to do with heat??  I suppose if one is an HVAC tech, they actually know this.  Homes are so expensive to maintain these days; so glad you were able to handle that and pray that you will decide to move to the great south. At least heating/cooling expenses are not quite as extreme, but there are still issue and constant maintenance needs to be a priority.

• Certainly understand your apprehension, about the "wrong hood" - -but, the god news is it is possible to check out cities, neighborhoods, reputations, surroundings (good and bad) on line, even get a visual of a potential property.  So before you ever commit, just do the research.  I can only warn you, if you see something you really want, hurry to make the bid, don't waste a minute; real estate, down here, moves so fast, it takes your breath away.

• Unfortunately, the real estate market is very fickle; it stays hot for awhile then, suddenly, drops off.  The good news is if we are patient long enough, it always comes back.  We know it will, because people always need a place to live.

• You would probably like the southern temps, except for the months of July and August, when it gets really hot and humid.  If you can afford it, you could become a "snow bird" for a couple of years, just to "test it" and then make a decision.

• A leak in the coil - - do you have a company that does yearly, or bi-yearly maintenance on your heating system?  It might cost a few dollars, but generally is worth it.  The snowbirds usually start arriving here like mid-Oct.; that way they miss the temp extremes of Sept.  Have to do things alone is not fun, but I've been doing it quite a while now and, who knows, if  you did come down here you might meet someone special.  I've always believed if it's meant to be it will happen.

• How very strange, your life path and mine seem to have run a parallel course; even about meeting "the love of my life, that wasn't meant to be".  I could write an entire book, but it would be too long and boring. Still I feel very blessed, because I am not alone - -I live with my two adult daughters and am able to have lots of interaction with my adult grandchildren and some of my itty-bitty great grands.

• PS-Yes, watching things come to life, in the spring, is lovely; it just happens earlier and continuously down here!

This reply was deleted.