ADMIN

A thread written by @ronlngbch: "Yeah, as "transparent" as mud in ...

A reserved Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday called on President Trump to tone down his combative approach to the national protests for racial justice that have followed the death of an unarmed black man in Minneapolis last week.

Clutching a Bible in the Capitol, Pelosi urged Trump to reach across the divides of race, party, region and religion to help the country heal instead.

"We would hope that the president of the United States would follow the lead of so many other presidents before him to be a healer-in-chief, and not a fanner of the flame," she said.

read more:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/500644-pelosi-holding-a-bible-urges-trump-to-help-the-country-heal

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree with you Amen to that.

• You and me both, kid. Very well said.

• Melanie and Colonel-I wish I was still a "kid", but I have "run the race" for 82 years; I was not a "cradle Catholic", but became a convert at age 20 and have never had a moments regret.  That said, I am "still merely a sinner", a weak human, who still seeks to do better and, just possibly, earn the reward we all long for and hope for. I try to see"the best" in all our brothers and sisters, until they prove to me there is no "best" there.  

• June, you sound like you've described me, too, except that I was a cradle Catholic, 75 years ago. You're a lovely lady and I hope God blesses you abundantly.

• Thank you, Melanie-Thought I had posted a response to this, but can't find it, so will reconstruct.  God has blessed me in so many ways; my three adult children have successful lives and careers; He blessed me with eight grandchildren, now all successful adults and gave me more blessings with seven great-grands, who "appear" to be following the right path. Most are still too young to know for certain!

• No, William, you have it backwards. The Catholic religion is the One True Church and all others are heretical.

• Thank you, Melanie.

• Melanie...

What or who is the Church Militant... Is not the whole Body of Christ, comprised of all true believers as defined in the Apostles Creed. Can the arm say to the eye you are not part of the Body depart from me... or the hand to the foot be gone.  Or is every member of the body part of the body and needful to the proper functioning of the body?  

Is our salvation ordained by man... according to man's ordinances and religious practices? Or, is our Salvation dependent upon our faith in Christ by free will? Has not Christ chosen the simple to confound the wise and is it not written... believe upon the Name of Jesus Christ and thee and thy household shalt be saved?  What more can a man add to salvation than their faith in Christ to be saved.. Can works or sacraments without faith save us?

Were the Pharisee's correct in their pronouncement that any man who failed to practice their faith according to their laws was lost? Or did Christ rebuke them and call them Hypocrites adding a stumbling block too salvation with the washing of pots and kettles and the keeping of ordinances which perish with the flesh?

• Ronald: Don't try to trick or confuse me. The Church Militant is the One True Church, the Catholic Church, comprised of all Catholic believers, and which He refers to as MY Church. It's His, it belongs to Him, and so do we. You would do well to go on to ChurchMilitant.com, where ALL your questions and suppositions will be answered, refuted  and clarified.

• I would also add that being in communion with the physical body of a particular denomination be they of Catholic consent or protestant is an issue for God too divine... as there is but One God, One Faith and One Baptism by which WE ARE ALL BAPTIZED INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST...  One Church Militant and Triumphant into which  all true believers are by faith, baptized.  

The Chruch Triumphant may well surprise many when they arrive... to a much wider family than they anticipated... how much more glorious will that be? John 3:16-17 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that 'whosoever' believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."   Acts 10:34 tells us that God is not a respecter of persons. Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, “Of a truth, I perceive that God is no respecter of persons . . .” Acts 10:34 (KJV) The Greek word that is translated as “respecter” is prosopolemptes. It means “to show favoritism.”

May God bless you and keep you, may His countenance shine in and upon you, now and in eternity... Amen.

This reply was deleted.