ADMIN

A thread written by @ronlngbch: "Yeah, as "transparent" as mud in ...

A reserved Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday called on President Trump to tone down his combative approach to the national protests for racial justice that have followed the death of an unarmed black man in Minneapolis last week.

Clutching a Bible in the Capitol, Pelosi urged Trump to reach across the divides of race, party, region and religion to help the country heal instead.

"We would hope that the president of the United States would follow the lead of so many other presidents before him to be a healer-in-chief, and not a fanner of the flame," she said.

read more:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/500644-pelosi-holding-a-bible-urges-trump-to-help-the-country-heal

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No; it's an "issue" for God's True Church to determine; that's one of the reasons He instituted HIS Church, whether anyone likes that fact or not. The Catholic Church is not a denomination. Denominations spin off from protestant sects that broke off from the One True Church, starting with Luther five hundred years ago, and there are at least forty thousand sects denominated from each other, not from The Catholic Church, and all believing conflicting things. That's not from God, and it's one of the things that caused Our Lord so much pain and grief during His Passion. Those who are baptized with the correct form and intention are baptized into the One True Church, the Catholic Church, only they don't know it, and they don't believe it because no one loves them enough to tell them. Sad.

• So, St. John the revelator was in error when he records the Words of Christ to the Angels of the (7) Seven Churches... in Revelation Chapters 2 and 3.  All but one of these Churches had varying degrees of apostasy taking place in them from the beginning,

The so-called denominations are merely a linguistic epithet describing a particular Christian congregation or group... who hold to similar interpretations of certain aspects of God's Word.  However, in the essentials necessary for salvation and saving faith, they all agree... to the fundamentals in the Apostles Creed.  Thus marking them all heirs and joint-heirs with Christ.  See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostles%27_Creed#Ecumenical_(interdenominational)_versions

The Catholic Church is merely one of the oldest forms of Christianity if not the oldest... the first to lay the foundations of our Christian faith... but I would remind you he who is first may well be last in the day of judgment... as the scripture records.  So, it is not who is first but he who runs the race with patients, enduring unto the end, that receives the greatest reward.  Also remember it is not the Church or its sacraments alone that saves, it is not by works but by faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved.   Hence, I come to you, not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (1 Cor 2:1-2)

The rest is recorded in the Book of life... His Words testifying to the power of life through faith in God... that all men may come to the revelation of Paul and like those who walked face to face with Christ... partakers of His divine nature... the very essence of God in us... the Church  Militant and forever.

Apostles' Creed
      The Apostles' Creed (Latin: Symbolum Apostolorum or Symbolum Apostolicum), sometimes titled the Apostolic Creed or the Symbol of the Apostles, is an…
    • The 7 Angels of the Church in Revelation 2 and 3 represent separate congregations of the One Church (protestant or catholic)... Let us be clear, there is only ONE CHURCH, One Body of Christ. The NAMES GIVEN BY MEN TO protestant denominations are merely a linguistic epithet, that describe a particular Christian congregation or group... like the Church at Ephesus or Smyrna. Denominational names are descriptive terms used to identify believers in the Body of Christ who hold similar interpretations of God's Word. They are all members of the Same BODY of Christ... The arm may not say to the foot, you are none of mine, or the eye to the mouth depart from me... they are both members of the same Body

The Catholic Church is merely one of the oldest forms of Christianity if not the oldest... the first to lay the foundations of our Christian faith... but I would remind you he who is first may well be last in the day of judgment... as the scripture records. So, it is not who is first but he who runs the race with patients, enduring unto the end, that receives the greatest reward. Also remember it is not the Church or its sacraments alone that saves, it is not by works but by faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved. Hence, I come to you, not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (1 Cor 2:1-2)

• No, I don't think the 7 Angels of the Church in Revelation 2 and 3 represent separate Churches (protestant or catholic)... Let us be clear, there is only ONE CHURCH, One Body of Christ. The NAMES GIVEN BY MEN TO protestant denominations are merely a linguistic epithet,  that describes a particular Christian congregation or group... like the Church at Ephesus or Smyrna. They are descriptive terms used to describe those in the Body of Christ who hold similar interpretations of God's Word. They are all members of the Same BODY of Christ... The arm may not say to the foot, you are none of mine, or the eye to the mouth depart from me... they are both members of the same Body.

If I tell you of earthly things and you have trouble believing my report... how then can I speak to you of heavenly things... for ye are yet carnal minding the things of the flesh... ye are but babes needing the milk of God's Word... not the strong meat of His Spirit.

The 7 Angels of the Chruch in Revelation... are guardians of the faith for those denominational groups... I say denominational, as they each had certain arguments in doctrine, that were not embraced by the others. Likewise, the CHURCH MILITANT today has the same problem... basic agreement on the core issues of our Christian faith... as stipulated in the Apostle's Creed...but differing views on how to baptize, deal with sin, confession, intercession, and many other issues ... but they all believe in ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM, into the Body of CHrist.. making them ONE BODY... the Church Militant.

However, the Body of Christ will remain fractured until He returns to mend it... no manner of persuasion or argument will heal mankind's abuse of Christ's Body... it will take Jesus Christ's return to bring unity to His Body... and in that Great Day, I will be looking for you Melanie and all your Catholic brothers and sisters... with great rejoicing. For we see dimly now but when face to face with Christ we will see clearly and the mysteries and strife of the past will be undone. God Bless you and yours.

• The "Seven Churches" you think were different protestant "churches", which didn't exist at the time, were not "churches" in the literal sense; they were Parishes of the One True Catholic Church. The word "denominations" means religous bodies derived from offshoots of protestant belief systems, sects, which are NOT "in communion" wth the One True Church, or even with each other, hence the forty thousand and counting belief systems that conflict with each other. The Catholic Church is NOT "merely" anything; it is the One True Church established by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Only God can establish a Church, and He did that two thousand years ago. No mere man has the power or authority to do that, which is what protestants have attempted to do. Protestant belief systems are merely man-made belief systems, and they think they are their own Teaching Magisterium; that's why they don't agree with each other, and if they keep going as they have been, they will never have unity. It can't get clearer than that.

• Melanie... I did not intend to suggest that those listed in the text were in full communion with the Catholic Church... the LINK Provided gives a full list of those in full or partial communion with the Catholic Church... Sorry for the confusion

SEE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_communion

Full communion
      Full communion is a communion or relationship of full understanding among different Christian denominations that share certain essential principles o…
    • Melanie...
      I had no intention of confusing you... I simply raise some very obvious and pointed remarks regarding the functions of the Church Militant.. and its many members who by faith in Christ are baptized into the Body of Christ and hold to the doctrines of the Apostles Creed.... the foundation for the Christian faith.

Groups recognized as being in full communion with each other and include the Presbyterian Church (USA), Reformed Church in America, United Church of Christ, The Episcopal Church (United States), the Moravian Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church, and the United Methodist Church.

Full communion - Wikipedia
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_communion

Full communion
      Full communion is a communion or relationship of full understanding among different Christian denominations that share certain essential principles o…
  • What is discouraging is the dopey response that the Democrat governors give to the treasonous assault on our the order and decency of our cities, churches and our police departments.  The reason why these riots continue is because the organizers sense a weakness in the ability of public officials to respond.  The weakness centers on the Evil leadership of Nancy Pelosi.  

• I agree. And every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they can lead.  I'm sure those running for office never even give a thought concerning the seriously tough decisions they may face. So many politicians seem very weak. 

• Actually Karl there are likely a lot of us out here with common sense and some Biblical wisdom that could do a lot better job than all of these lawyers and politicians that get elected to "lead".

This reply was deleted.