ADMIN

politics good old nancy pelosi Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

House Democrats are blocking a bill that will curtail the influence of the Chinese-government-funded Confucius Institute, stymying bipartisan legislation that unanimously passed in the Senate.

Despite bipartisan support in the upper chamber, House Democrats—including a cosponsor for the bill—voted against placing the CONFUCIUS Act on the agenda in late July, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) has yet to announce plans to place the bill on the floor. If passed, the legislation would require all federally funded universities with Confucius Institutes to assume "full managerial control" of the institutes, a move that would limit the Chinese government's influence over the program.

Frustrated by the lack of action, congressional Republicans are blaming Pelosi for blocking debate for the bill, criticizing the House speaker for putting politics over national security.

"I regret that Speaker Pelosi has still not scheduled the CONFUCIUS Act for a vote," said Rules Committee Ranking Member Tom Cole, who introduced the July vote. "This isn’t about politics. It’s about holding China accountable, and Speaker Pelosi clearly hasn’t made that a priority."

read more:

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/pelosi-stonewalls-china-bill-senate-dems-unanimously-supported/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All the Democrats who are in the white house need to be in jail.

• I daresay President Trump can now issue an Executive Order to take care of the problem and tell nasty commie nan to "choke on it"!  It's time for her to be arrested, charged, convicted and hanged, let the circua begin!

• Well, of course, couldn't comment without at least one type - -that should read "let the circus begin"!!

• Even the "typo" wouldn't let me - -sheesh!

• We know what you were trying to write. Afterall, your comments are being read by America loving republicans, conservatives, and SOME independents and true democrats.

I have found that when I catch a typing error after I hit "comment", I can high light my comment, copy, delete and paste back in the box, make corrections, then hit comment again.

• Thank you, don't know why I didn't think of that option, other than the fact I was too frustrated at the moment!  I will try it next time.

• I copy the whole thing, then Delete, then past back in and then I can proofread or change it. We really could use an edit button. But at least the Delete option stays there. 

• Communist demonrats need to be brought to justice and eliminated. There is no room for such people in America let alone in the public sphere. In future we should have a government body that ensures such unpatriotic and destructive forces will never come to light again in the great US of America. This is the only way we can preserve the Republic, our freedom and liberties,

• All evil comes from 1 root.

• TREASAONOUS!!!!

This reply was deleted.