ADMIN

25+ Best Living in a Bubble Memes | Alot of Memes, Alot Memes

Actors are strange folk and generally out of touch, but Matt Damon’s cluelessness about Donald Trump supporters might really take the Hollywood cake.

The actor — known for “Good Will Hunting,” “Saving Private Ryan” and the “Bourne” franchise, among other roles — is an outspoken leftist even by the standards of Tinseltown who had to stoop to play a Trump supporter in his latest film, “Stillwater.”

The movie sees him playing an oil rig worker whose daughter gets caught up in a European murder case a la Amanda Knox, according to Reuters.

How do you play a Trump supporter? This should be a rhetorical question. And yes, you might think that’s easy for me to say as a Trump voter, but pay me enough money and I could play a Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton voter. Heck, if you really want to bankroll me, I could pretend I was an Eric Swalwell volunteer. (I’d need Chinese spy money for that, but it could be done.)

Damon, a professional actor, needed to live with Trump supporters to get the role down. In a news conference at the premiere of “Stillwater” in France at the Cannes Film Festival, Damon said he spent an “absolutely critical” amount of time with MAGA folk.

His conclusion? They “don’t apologize for who they are,” but they were still “wonderful to us.” Sure, they had goatees and sunglasses and sang strange “church songs,” but they were somehow human beings.

“Being invited into their homes, into a backyard barbecue, a guitar comes out and they start singing church songs. It’s a very specific place. And very different to where I grew up,” Damon said at a news conference after the Thursday red carpet premiere of “Stillwater,” according to Reuters.

“It was really eye-opening for me.”

This, in other words, is an obscenely rich thespian who’s one of the most influential entertainers on planet Earth and he comes across as a guy who just discovered a cohort of his fellow countrymen, 74 million of whom voted for the incumbent president during the 2020 election, actually exist.

read more:

https://thespectator.info/2021/07/12/clueless-hollywood-actor-discovers-trump-supporters-are-real-people-eye-opening/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The lamestream media propaganda machine has not told US the "truth" since the beginning of the Vietnam War, early 1960's.

• I refuse to watch any movie in which Matt Damon appears.  He can kiss my conservative rear.

• Hollywood should give everything to black families and tell their children they will be going to public schools no more limousine only school bus no more arm security guard but you are on your own tlme for Hollywood live the American way 

• Most of the Hollyweirds get their information from the late night dirtbags like Kimmel and Colbert, totally living in a cloud just like Wahlberg said, disgusting.

• They were somehow human beings.  That's probably more than you can say for Damon.  And why should we apologize for who we are?  It seems to me that these left wing nut cases should apologize to us for trying to destroy the country; for being obnoxious; for spreading lies!

• Oh my God is this a joke? The real America ia being buried by time...

• Stupid can't be fixed.

This reply was deleted.