ADMIN

politics gavin newsom Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Nearly 2 million unemployment claims filed in the state over the first three months of government-ordered business lockdowns have yet to be paid, an analysis of federal government statistics shows.

The brutal backlog is further evidence of the troubles plaguing the embattled state Employment Development Department, prompting the newly jobless to complain of an overwhelmed phone system and antiquated technology. The first-time claims have gone unfilled even as Gov. Gavin Newsom has promised reforms and increased staffing for the EDD.

“I have done just about everything I know how to do as a public official to make things work, but my colleagues, my staff, my constituents and I are at our wits’ end,” Assemblymember David Chiu, D-San Francisco, said in a tweet.

The backlog of unpaid claims has infuriated a growing number of jobless workers.

“I’m terribly disappointed. The EDD has let us down terribly,” said Rhonda Dias, a San Jose resident and daycare teacher. Dias was temporarily laid off and later returned to her job, but at reduced hours. “The website doesn’t work and you can’t get through on the phone. People have to pay their taxes. Then they can’t help us.”

read more:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/08/coronavirus-unemployment-california-jobless-claims-backlog-jumps-layoff-job-tech-edd-ui-economy/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Listen doesn't matter what we say any more vote doesn't count you have tyrants running states do as I say or jail bad guys have a blast destroy rape and have fun sick tyrants .Thats why they want our guns so we can't fight back  our country is on fire and we sit like monkies in a freaking cage.Tea party is nothing what it was when Obama was in office I was at every rally in DC and every friday on route 13 in DE protesting with maybe 10 others.We are way past the point of do u think dems will vote please who ever replaces them they all act the same way sad  America very sad country and Trump is strong but we on right all talk and weak

• Commiefornia! What Else Is New! 

• The Blue States will soon be known as the Slum States.

• He needs to be recalled for the 1.6 billion money deal he made with communist china company in business for a whole 3 DAYS!!  This was supposedly a deal for face mask that tested ineffective by OSHA!  He hid this deal from the people of our state, the other legislators, and the entire media!!  Then a very disturbing report coming out of DC Clothsblind that he is a communist laundering automatic weapons provided by the communists and being paid kickbacks by the communists that our state has been sold by him and his aunty Nancy to the red communists!  There are petitions all over the state trying to recall his treasonous ass!  The DOJ really needs to step in and investigate all this corruption perpetrated by him!  WE ARE BEING DESTROYED OUT HERE AND NOTHING CAN OR WILL BE DONE!!  He then engaged in another kickback deal for well over 500 million to a group that contained former advisors which supposedly was paid back!  There has to be people in our state governments allowing this kind of corruption to occur and are turning their backs to this for kickbacks!  WE HAVE NO MONEY WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY TEACHERS, PENSIONS OR SALARIES, PLUS ABANDONING OUR POLICE FORCES IN MAJOR CITIES WHICH WILL LEAVE US TO THE DOGS!!  YOU ALL NEED TO GET THE DC CLOTHSLINE REPORT IT IS SHOCKING AND IMPLICATES THAT THERE SOMETHING MUCH SINSITER GOING ON!!  

• Like I said! There is a petition to recall Creepy Newsom! Find one and sign it AND get your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, and church regulars to sign! 
      You don't have to wait for him to be up for re-election to rid him. You can WORK on it now‼️

• Scary, read the report last week.

• VAN I WAS TOTALLT SHOCKED!  REGULAR ARMED CITIZENS WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE FROM WHAT IS IN THAT REPORT!

• John are you a regularly armed citizen?

• I am armed at home i dont have a concealled carry permit!  But they never know when I am carrying my weapon!!  Here in this liberal hole we even have to have a reason to carry it even if you are carrying properly!  That is magazines inside vehicle and weapon locked in trunk unloaded!  Or weapon locked in a combination lock handgun case unloaded,  or locked in a bag unloaded and magazines elsewhere in car or trumk.   But you cant just do all the proper procedures and carry your weapon,  if a law enforcement officer stops you then you have to have a legitimate reason to be carrying it.  Like, going to the gun range, or in my case to my sons to help me with the weapon.  So it is better to carry it hidden and obey all traffic laws and dont get puled over!  If your life is threatened then you have to have a story as to how you got to your weapon!!!  ISNT THAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!!??  

• They are setting you up to be a victom. Bullshit big time.

This reply was deleted.