ADMIN

politics gavin newsom Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Nearly 2 million unemployment claims filed in the state over the first three months of government-ordered business lockdowns have yet to be paid, an analysis of federal government statistics shows.

The brutal backlog is further evidence of the troubles plaguing the embattled state Employment Development Department, prompting the newly jobless to complain of an overwhelmed phone system and antiquated technology. The first-time claims have gone unfilled even as Gov. Gavin Newsom has promised reforms and increased staffing for the EDD.

“I have done just about everything I know how to do as a public official to make things work, but my colleagues, my staff, my constituents and I are at our wits’ end,” Assemblymember David Chiu, D-San Francisco, said in a tweet.

The backlog of unpaid claims has infuriated a growing number of jobless workers.

“I’m terribly disappointed. The EDD has let us down terribly,” said Rhonda Dias, a San Jose resident and daycare teacher. Dias was temporarily laid off and later returned to her job, but at reduced hours. “The website doesn’t work and you can’t get through on the phone. People have to pay their taxes. Then they can’t help us.”

read more:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/08/coronavirus-unemployment-california-jobless-claims-backlog-jumps-layoff-job-tech-edd-ui-economy/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All I could say to Californians is don't vote for Democrats.

• There is a petition started to recall Newsom! I guarantee you many Californians are fed up and disgusted with him‼️👏‼️
    I have family and friends there, and know that people are taking petitions with them to work even, to get as many signatures as possible!

Anybody interested?

i may be able to provide an intern link for interested parties to acquire petitions!

• Sorry, 

an INTERNET LINK, 

• Californicators woud rather slit their wrist than vote conservative.

• !! GOT THAT RIGHT !! 

• Won't be long everyone will be working for the same wage under communist rule, 

• I would like to feel sorry for them but they voted for Newsom the tyrant now they need to vote him out and straighten out the state

• NEVER HAPPEN!! It's been to long in the making.. I "used" to live there.. 

• Watch.... this will be an excuse to pay unemployment without requiring proof of continued unemployment... a drive to what eventually will be a government-guaranteed wage whether one works or not.

This reply was deleted.