ADMIN

26 !!Common Core is INDOCTRINATION!! ideas | common core, core, common core  mathBoston Public Schools officials said that a program with advanced learning classes would be cancelled over concerns that the classes served disproportionate racial groups.

The program known as Advanced Work Classes was intended to serve high-performing students in the fourth, fifth and sixth grade. Students are encouraged to study their subjects in a deeper and non-traditional manner.

School officials became concerned when a report showed that the program was disproportionately serving white students, and underserving black and Hispanic students.

The district analysis found that more than 70% of the students in the program were white or Asian, while nearly 80% of the students in the district are Hispanic or black.

"This is just not acceptable," said School Committee member Lorna Rivera in a school meeting in January. "I've never heard these statistics before, and I'm very very disturbed by them."

read more:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/boston-schools-advanced-racial-disparity

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And caucasians too.

• The Dems will do anything to dumby down people - it is to their advantage.  Keeping people ignorant is a way to control them.  We have to stop this nonsense of cancelling probrams because people who care about learning, who care about knowledge for this nonsense about racial equality.  All this really proves is that the black and Hispanic parents don't care about their childs education.  Whjat the school committe member should be concerned about is that so many people don't care about education; don't care about reaching upward.

• C'mon BPS, show us JUST ONE EXAMPLE where DUMBING-DOWN accomplished ANYTHING!!!

JUST ONE EXAMPLE!!!

• Disproportionate serving smarter students, soooo punish smarter students because of students that can't qualify. Makes sense????  The only thing DUMNER than students that can't qualify are the SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS!

• Liberals have been so brainwashed over the decades that they can't think for themselves anymore.

This reply was deleted.