ADMIN

AP Government: Earmarks

American taxpayers still reeling from coronavirus lockdowns will be shelling out billions to foreign countries if Congress passes a $2.3 trillion spending bill unveiled Monday.

The 5,593 page budget-busting bill was posted online Monday afternoon, only hours before House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said a vote would be held.

For some countries, Christmas came early:

$169,739,000 to Vietnam, including $19 million to remediate dioxins (page 1476).

Unspecified funds to “continue support for not-for-profit institutions of higher education in Kabul, Afghanistan that are accessible to both women and men in a coeducational environment” (page 1477).

$198,323,000 to Bangladesh, including $23.5 million to support Burmese refugees and $23.3 million for “democracy programs” (page 1485).

$130,265,000 to Nepal for “development and democracy programs” (page 1485).

Pakistan: $15 million for “democracy programs” and $10 million for “gender programs” (page 1486).

read more:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/21/billions-going-to-foreign-aid-in-spending-bill-gender-programs-in-pakistan-sri-lankan-ship-refurbishments/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am done with teaching. Forced to resign with intent to retire, due to masking and distancing violations. For the many years of pouring out and into my students, as I look back, the return does not seem so worth what I gave. I gave up doing my own art and design work and in place of those accomplishments, ended up looking at work during Midterm portfolios that I could have done in early grade school—because I learned to see. They do not see, nor hear, for the most part. I am done, and on to doing my own, finally. I give my department credit, they do not compromise, but, they do not either challenge the mantra of diversity, America last. That, I can NOT stand for. And never did. I changed things, so in my own sly way, did what I could. Done, though.

• From my view point as a retired Chief Petty Officer and a disabled Vet., there appears to be a strong pull for excess spending by Democrats and RINOS in congress.  My lively hood is paided for by my Navy retirement and Social Security / disability pay.  I do not feel guilty in receiving these funds every month because I either worked for it, or payed for it, and I am living on my own money.  I say all this because I do not fear the economic burden that COVID 19 has put everyone under.  However, when I saw the COVID reiief bill put up by that "thing" Pelosi and her minions, I wish that I wasn't so damn disabled and could take a more active role in removing those "swamp things" from our government!  HOW DARE THEY!!!  HOW ARE THEY ALLOWED TO MAKE SUCH GARBAGE UP?  Remove these idiots and morons from Wash. DC!!   MAGA!!

• This entire federal government is out of line, they spend like drunken fools while beating us on our backs for more, more, more, more. The governors beat the backs of the small business employers. Beat them right out of business, while they get caught doing whatever they would normally do with no mask, no distancing. They treat us like slaves and moneybags. I can't even say what I want to say. I would have to repent for the next week. All I can say is these people need to be stopped no matter what.

• This is what we are in for a total sell out to foreign aid as the call it i call it a dam bribe to these countries that are against freedoms and democracy. Why shoud we the American Tax payer pay these countries moneies for waht? what have they done for us. huh? Why is it that since we do have the proof of voting fraud then why did  the FBI not go after Dominon from the get go. We put up with this nonsense for the last four years.. Even before Trump was elected. Biden is one sick  puppy.. and Kamala is just as bad .. CNN and ABC and MSNBC are lying  media they font tell the truth  they only tell you their opinon not the facts.. and media giants liek Facebook and twitter violates our constitution they censor our free speach .. so when and how can we bring these companies to justice for breaking the law..  I feel there is going to be no stopping this . Coruption in our country . I served this Great Country of ours to protect our freedoms we so enjoy .. I am not a college grad but i do have wisdom to know what is right and wrong .. I can see how our citizens are suffering by this bias socalled Democratic party.  The democrats are only concerned with loading up their own pockets.. What shoudl be put in place is term limits for the Congress  there is no reason Pelosi should be allowed to be in a goverment job after 2 terms .. Also when they leave public office they shoudl go back to the private sector and not get benefits  from us until they die .. no pension no nothing .. Many of us in the general public have had our money stolen  from us to pay for these so called pork bills that are added into  like this last stimulus bill . I never had anything done for me by China or Russia, let alone Pakistan..  So when will we the Republicans finally get our act together and over throw the Democrats and get rid of the most corrupt party this country has ever seen? 

• Why do we honor our Teachers... They have been selling the Nation and our Children short for decades. In effect, they have exchanged America's birthright for a bowl of porridge.  I have very little respect for Public School teachers or Administrators.

Public Educators are directly responsible for the status of our society today. They destroyed the American Dream, replaced our Christian system of morality with an immoral world view.  They have taught our children using a perverted version of history, and a twisted view of our nation's motives.  What is worse they did this knowingly, in exchange for filthy lucre. Public Schools and their Administrators and Teachers should not be given our unreserved honor.

• No... anyone who does a half-assed job should be FIRED not paid a cent.  Those teachers refusing to return to in-school teaching because of the risk of being exposed to COVID are the same group standing shoulder to shoulder, demanding to be paid and threatening to strike if they are required to resume in school teaching.  They do not fear COVID, they fear they may have to work for a living. 

• Don't forget the littlest ones, who's brains develop specifically in certain areas at certain ages. Little boys do not catch up to little girls until around 8. If their brains are not learning what they are supposed to be learning for maximum brain development, then what?

We sure HAVE put a curse on our kids from accepting this tyranny that now has gone on a full year or almost a year.  We let it happen. 

• WHO ARE THE LOBBYIST,S ???? SHOULD BE NAMED AND BE BROUGHT TO LIGHT !!!!!

BLACK MAIL ONCES MORE, BY THE DEMS

• This reply was deleted.
    • Say it, Mike. Rope is good but umpaling is better. Makes the point better..

• Mike, AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN!!!!!  The political ruling class, both parties, are corrupt and should be hanged.  There are only a few republicans I trust and sadly enough none are from my state of Oklahoma!!!!!

This reply was deleted.